McLaren Life banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dropped off my car this morning for a rattle coming from the undercarriage and was greeted with a nice surprise. Highly recommend anyone in the area to drop in and check it out in person.

This particular P1 will be heading down to Pebble Beach for Concours d'Elegance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I saw it late at night from the outside - I was passing through on El Camino Real driving the Club Sportiva MO 12C and had no idea McLaren SF was actually very close to mountain view. I thought it would be near downtown SF or something. What a treat!

·
Registered
48 Posts
it's XP12, same car of Geneva, Villa d'Este, Goodwood....I think that every time they need a stationary car to show, that is XP12

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
There should be at least one more coming to Monterey as well. Hopefully something we have not already seen, but I wouldn't complain if it was the Amethyst Black car either.

>8^)
ER

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Okay - got word that maybe we are only due one P1 in Monterey, but that will mean either no P1 in McLaren's tent on Sunday or no P1 on the Concept Green during Pebble Beach.

Since they are revealing the car at Gooding on Friday night as per normal then I'd expect that one to end up on the Concept Green given the challenging logistics of getting anything inside McLaren's tent with its position above the cart path. I hope that is the case as it would allow many more people the opportunity to view the car and I am yet to see one outdoors in natural light.

>8^)
ER

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Erik (or anyone else that might know) -- Any idea if there are any P1 visits planned in the New England area? I'd love to see one in person.

Thanks,

-nh4.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Erik (or anyone else that might know) -- Any idea if there are any P1 visits planned in the New England area? I'd love to see one in person.

Thanks,

-nh4.
The only P1s I know of that are coming to New England will be the ones the owners bought at Miller Mclaren. I heard they have about 10 deposits on them.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Yeah - I don't know if they have plans for a dealer tour of this Yellow one after Pebble Beach, but I would doubt that. I think you are going to be waiting for customer cars and it is not yet quite clear when US deliveries will commence.

>8^)
ER

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Thanks Jon and Erik. Guess I'll keep my eyes peeled... A P1 would be hard to miss!

-nh4.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
It leaves today or tomorrow for the trip down to Monterey.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
356 Posts
It leaves today or tomorrow for the trip down to Monterey.

>8^)
ER
It was supposed to leave this morning (Sunday). I missed its arrival by about 2 hours on Wednesday when I picked up my 12C from its 10K service. Look forward to seeing it at Goodings Friday evening.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Awesome, gorgeous car

I had a chance to check out the P1 at McLaren San Francisco last week, and it was simply amazing.

The detail and technology is astounding and it just looks absolutely fantastic in person. It is very hard to get a feel from just pictures, it has to be seen.

The interior is also fantastic, building on the elegance and clean interior of the MP4, but turned up to 11. Or 12. Just awesome.

BTW, the McLaren San Francisco dealership (in Palo Alto) is brilliant, a super clean and perfectly balanced showroom that is always a pleasure to visit.

They had some beautiful MP4s there as well, and some of the coolest posterboard up on the walls describing the cars.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
No - it left Pebble Beach on a transporter late Sunday night for a trip to Los Angeles where it would be crated and shipped out of LAX and back to the UK last night. It will spend a bit of time back at the factory before it heads out again for another destination.

Love the detail shots modenaboy - thanks for sharing! :)

>8^)
ER

1 - 18 of 18 Posts