McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my next door neighbour is, one to use and one to keep.....He feels that over a 5 year period it will increase......I hope to be an owner before close of play tomorrow

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
my next door neighbour is, one to use and one to keep.....He feels that over a 5 year period it will increase......I hope to be an owner before close of play tomorrow
Wishing you success. It would be great to have you join the club.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Confused!! I thought you were adamant that you were waiting till you could get one at a price you wanted to pay .....

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I think he is trying to claim that he is buying one, from a current owner, used, for 600k or less.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
found one at my spec......not fair to talk about price
Are you buying one of the 20-ish already out there or are you buying one of the upcoming fully speced build spots?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
nope more than that.....smart move to take a later car get all the chinks out of the way
ok, so you are going to buy a later build slot right now, that is already spec'd but not yet in the build process, so delivery something like march?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
you are not making sense... "smart move to take a later car" was in reference to what?! <G>

So you are buying a physical car in existence which the owner wants to sell for less than the price he paid? You are kidding right? Either you are the best negotiator or you have the stupidest owner ever selling you one.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
ok, so in truth, you are now paying 1.5m for a car already on the market today, from an owner that bought two.

Or, maybe, you are taking the one of your neighbour that wanted to take it for his brother and are paying him 1.5m.

You are in no way going to buy a P1 _today_ after looking for one for 2 days, for less than list price. If you do, I will sue McLaren tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you are not making sense... "smart move to take a later car" was in reference to what?! <G>

So you are buying a physical car in existence which the owner wants to sell for less than the price he paid? You are kidding right? Either you are the best negotiator or you have the stupidest owner ever selling you one.
get all of the chinks out of the way...1st, take a later car smart move.....did you have a heads up or just working on early 12cs

·
Registered
432 Posts
Or maybe... He's just Full of S***!!

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, so in truth, you are now paying 1.5m for a car already on the market today, from an owner that bought two.

Or, maybe, you are taking the one of your neighbour that wanted to take it for his brother and are paying him 1.5m.

You are in no way going to buy a P1 _today_ after looking for one for 2 days, for less than list price. If you do, I will sue McLaren tomorrow.
sue them for what.....its not there property......Fk me Fab....doom said you were smart

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
sue them for what.....its not there property......Fk me Fab....doom said you were smart
Because it is unlikely that you found the owner without their help. Unless you happen to somehow know all owners and know who is about to go bankrupt right after buying a 1m car and now needs to desperately sell it.

Who in their right mind would sell a car for less than list that he _JUST_ got delivered a week ago that is as exclusive and expensive as the P1?! Don't take delivery on it in the first place then... whats the point?!

Unless, again, all of a sudden you go bankrupt, and you tell McLaren and they find you a buyer. I was not asked though, so why you get special treatment is what I would like McLaren to explain to me..

Or, as Moncho said, you are full of shit.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Why do these Threads always turn into this nonsense of negativity regarding the P1 when Citylad gets involved? We were speaking about the driving experience, and now we are already speaking price drops on P1 that does not even exist.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Because it's citylad! ;)

Maybe he is just the luckiest and most connected person on the planet and got randomly called up by a p1 owner saying that he loves him and wants to make him a gift.

And/Or, some p1 owner decided NOT to ask mclaren to find a buyer because the owner is a complete idiot.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts