McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have a copy of the terms and conditions of the McLaren extended warranty, the version before they changed the rules recently? If so, would you mind sharing it? I need to get a copy.

Need mainly the verbiage that shows what is and is not covered.

Thanks much.

Mike

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
If you call your local dealer they will gladly provide you with a copy.

Be sure to request the version that matches your warranty. Basically do you have a warranty that was previously purchased a year or two ago? Or are you looking to purchase the current warranty being offered right now?

Some items have been revised lately. For example the annual mileage used to be "unlimited", I think the current warranty is max 12k annual miles. I'm going from memory so please don't take my example as the gospel.

Good luck!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much. Can you tell me Grtacer if this is the older version of the warranty? That is the doc I need.

Mike

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,070 Posts
You can find some of the original terms in the FAQs.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks very much. Can you tell me Grtacer if this is the older version of the warranty? That is the doc I need.

Mike
I pulled it off the website when I posted it. Their terms have changed, especially for older 12C cars. But I think with the older cars any problems that could have happened most likely already did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought my first MP4 Spider. When the car is purchased from a McLaren dealer with the certified warranty, there is no 90 day cooling off period. I didn't know this until just recently. For me, this was a huge difference and benefit. I would have limited my search to dealers earlier if I knew that.

Can't wait to take delivery in 14 days.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I just bought my first MP4 Spider. When the car is purchased from a McLaren dealer with the certified warranty, there is no 90 day cooling off period. I didn't know this until just recently. For me, this was a huge difference and benefit. I would have limited my search to dealers earlier if I knew that.
An existing ESC is transferable in a private sale.

Can't wait to take delivery in 14 days.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Ian, I just picked one up yesterday too. I looked at a few but after reading and talking to people in the know I came to the same conclusion. Never buy a supercar without a warranty. I purchased a F430 about 5 years ago, it was a beautiful car but less than 30 days after buying it I got a $7k bill for leaking camshaft variators.. Congrats on your purchase. The 12C is an amazing machine....

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can find some of the original terms in the FAQs.

Thanks much for this ZP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts