McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No offense boys but these threads are making me sleepy!

Soon to own one of the fastest best looking street / track cars around I am pretty friggin excited!

The Mac mashes the 458 and almost everything else - sorry Mark :p

Scissor hand swipe doors air brake carbon fiber tub - damn this is NUTS!

I passed on a sheet load of cars to go with the Mac as did everyone else here - can we please raise a lil hell!

·
Registered
64 Posts
OK , I'll bite... Any interest in an impromptu meetup/drive/event? In an earlier post, Texas Mongrel said he was going to participate, although not in the 12C, in the 24 Hrs of Lemons race at Eagles Canyon in early May. May be an opportunity to watch a race, support a forum member, meet other owners, explore some North TX roads and discover some great BBQ.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
I'd prefer to hurl insults at one another - that is usually the theme of long and busy threads
Haha, exactly! Even then, there's not much to scrap about anymore. The word is out that the car is bonkers, guys are going for test drives and buying them. You really needed to be here 2 years ago when the fanboys were trying to convince us all that the car was going to be shit and that Tiff and Jason had a ----ing clue. Ho hum. :)

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be willing to have the car shipped and meet up anywhere - how about we rent out Circuit of Americas?

To some others point - I used to be on f-chat and the ole boys club treated Mclaren like shit which was just ridiculous given the fact Ferrari FNA etc. couldn't care less about 99.9% of their owners or dealers.

I posted here previously if the Mac wasn't all that the Spiders would be sitting vs owners doubling down on the brand and scooping em up like hot cakes.

Ferrari bought off everyone and their brother to beat down the Mac - it got a little difficult once the track times started appearing :)

·
Owner
893 Posts
Good that you newer guys are getting all these 12C's off the dealers' lots ....... helps to shore up the re-sale pricing and makes our McLaren brand glow with value, which it truly should !! :)

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
I would be willing to have the car shipped and meet up anywhere - how about we rent out Circuit of Americas?

To some others point - I used to be on f-chat and the ole boys club treated Mclaren like shit which was just ridiculous given the fact Ferrari FNA etc. couldn't care less about 99.9% of their owners or dealers.

I posted here previously if the Mac wasn't all that the Spiders would be sitting vs owners doubling down on the brand and scooping em up like hot cakes.

Ferrari bought off everyone and their brother to beat down the Mac - it got a little difficult once the track times started appearing :)
I'm very encouraged to see that you kept your eyes and mind open! :) Yes, McLaren got themselves ripped a new one in learning how rivals play the press game; I can only hope that lessons have been learned. As I've said before, they just need to keep putting butts in seats; the pedal on the right takes care of the rest for anybody that still believes a 458 traps higher in a quarter mile!???

As andy will say, you are one of the enlightened. Enjoy your ride.

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks and will do!

Mclaren tossing in what could be compared to Scuderia to 430 performance spoke volumes for me.

No factory adds hp for free - understanding they had software updates etc is was a HUGE put your money where your mouth is move ... meritorious!

Win win for everyone and as much as I love my 16M - Ferrari would never do anything even close for their customers.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
No offense boys but these threads are making me sleepy!

Soon to own one of the fastest best looking street / track cars around I am pretty friggin excited!

The Mac mashes the 458 and almost everything else - sorry Mark :p

Scissor hand swipe doors air brake carbon fiber tub - damn this is NUTS!

I passed on a sheet load of cars to go with the Mac as did everyone else here - can we please raise a lil hell!
You will see when you get the car that yes indeed it is insanely fast, but it will never have the same auditory excitement as a Ferrari or Lamborghini.

If I wanted my 458 to be faster than the 12C, 50-70k and Underground Racing would surely oblige. All depends on what Ferrari plans with the 458 Scuderia on whether I will tweek my 458, but 600 hp is easily possible with bolt on's and a tune.

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I knew that going in ... but ...

0 - 60 times / track strength / air brake torque cf cockpit along with dd comfortability is something no one else offers or at least I couldn't find it let alone for 220k.

The new Scud for me would be a 18 month wait and I am guessing 330k - for that price I prefer a GTO in the same time frame of 18 months :)

The 458 along with your other cars puts you on the good list - I am nowhere to be found.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am new to ownership but the red-headed stepchild treatment at the F car dealer pretty much assures that ill never buy a new Ferrari. I look forward to trying the car on track and am working on having custom rotors made as I don't even want to ask what OEM parts cost. Having pulled the rotors I am very concerned about brake fade. We shall see.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I am new to ownership but the red-headed stepchild treatment at the F car dealer pretty much assures that ill never buy a new Ferrari. I look forward to trying the car on track and am working on having custom rotors made as I don't even want to ask what OEM parts cost. Having pulled the rotors I am very concerned about brake fade. We shall see.
Ask!! replacement rotors are not going to be stupid,im pretty sure the CCB are the cheapest on the market to replace.:)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Well from what I've been told up here, the cost in doing so hovers around the $19k. That price includes re and re and all the necessary parts etc... good luck with all that kverges. Cheers....??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Which dealer? Walked into my dealer with appointment, put down 20k, wait a year, get new Ferrari. What is so hard? Never purchased from the dealer before, they only serviced my 360 before and did some warranty work on my Scuderia.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I am sure there are many brake options for less than 19k for the 12C.
I'm just talking about direct replacement with OEM CCB components at that price. Yes indeed there's all kinds of things that can be done with after market products but at what cost??? If anything I would be more inclined to use the product recommended by McLaren or not. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
886 Posts
You will see when you get the car that yes indeed it is insanely fast, but it will never have the same auditory excitement as a Ferrari or Lamborghini.

If I wanted my 458 to be faster than the 12C, 50-70k and Underground Racing would surely oblige. All depends on what Ferrari plans with the 458 Scuderia on whether I will tweek my 458, but 600 hp is easily possible with bolt on's and a tune.
Mark, Even though I am not a big F car fan......please! Do not boost your 458. It is just asking for problems IMO.

As for making some excitement, my car is finally getting the upgrade and a black gloss roof.. Whoopie!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

So what is it that excites someone's senses when it comes to cars, is it the sight, sound, feel, smell or taste okay the last two is going overboard. Well I think it's all of the above plus some, but it's easy to go out and pump a ton of money into a car so that it may perform beyond comprehension. Yes the McLaren may have some short comings, for some of us, but all in all there is not much that comes close. Especially if we are talking cost, I really don't think I'd be putting the Lambo in this category as for the Ferrari that is somewhat questionable or subjective as well. But to each his own, and ever car has it's own sound signature, and I love them all. Okay not really there are some car sounds that drive me crazy, but who cares. If the sound aspect was an important prerequisite there would be a few potential failures out there, but that is all once again very subjective. I love all of my cars yet they are all quite different, as mentioned above which makes them quite unique in all aspects of the word. Cheers.....??

1 - 20 of 45 Posts