McLaren Life banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a 570S with problem. Coolant is high temperature and enters the orange field. This will happen even in a normal ride. Is it possible that the thermostat is wron g?Thx for answer.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Early cars had a few issues with hose clamps either being loose or working loose. I know of one car that dropped it's coolant on the track. Other than getting dealer involved I'd suggest checking that you haven't lost coolant.
It's not impossible for thermostat to be broken - a few 991.1 GT3's had broken thermostats that I know of but not heard of any on 570?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Hi, i have a 570S with problem. Coolant is high temperature and enters the orange field. This will happen even in a normal ride. Is it possible that the thermostat is wron g?Thx for answer.
The thermostat is a 3 way device and has failed in other McLaren models. Have not heard of any 570 thermostat fails.
Do you see any signs of coolant leakage under your car? Also do you smell any glycol?
Best to take into Dealer if possible.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Exact same thing happened on my 2017 570s like 3 weeks after buying it brand new . They said thermostat was stuck closed. Replaced it under warranty and never had an issue again

·
Registered
69 Posts
Besides from the above suggestions: low coolant, faulty thermostat, it could also be a problem with the water pump and if the temperature rises mostly in traffic the cooling fans may not be operating.
Suggest not driving the car with an overheat condition since it may lead to head warpage and/or head gasket failure which could be denied under warrany due to "reglect or abuse."

·
Registered
214 Posts
It's mostly likely the thermostat. Someone I drive with has a 2016 and recently had the same issue.

In some cases, McLaren is covering the cost of replacement even if your 570S is out of warranty. Might be a CA-specific thing. Takes about an hour of labor.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Check the following: coolant level topped? (when cold.) look under car having it sit, does it leak? Pull pans and inspect water pump. They fail and leak. Check radiator function and fuses. I've had leaking radiators, water pump and blown fuse for fan. It happens. Once the system is filled and bled there should be no issue other than the above. I've not heard of a thermostat being an issue other than being the old school first look notion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's mostly likely the thermostat. Someone I drive with has a 2016 and recently had the same issue.

In some cases, McLaren is covering the cost of replacement even if your 570S is out of warranty. Might be a CA-specific thing. Takes about an hour of labor.
I have been quoted 10hrs to do this (at third party) 5hrs (by mclaren SD) and you say it takes one hour smh which one is it? i believe mine is having this issue as the temps jump to 225 then drop into normal operating and stay there on each start and run during normal driving conditions.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Contact Alex at AW designs. He's the only one I'd have work on my car dealers included.

·
Registered
586 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have been quoted 10hrs to do this (at third party) 5hrs (by mclaren SD) and you say it takes one hour smh which one is it? i believe mine is having this issue as the temps jump to 225 then drop into normal operating and stay there on each start and run during normal driving conditions.
Something else must be going on with your car. Friend’s thermostat replaced in an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts