McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the day I took delivery of my car, I realized that the previous owner had damaged the under carriage. Maintenance said it isnt a big deal and only 200 bucks to fix but it also looks like the panel is damaged. I had told them about the problem about 4 hours after taking delivery. So I am hoping they will take care and pay for the fix.

Attachments

·
Professional Bum
252 Posts
Duct tape and a buffer ought to do the trick! Newport McLaren sells skid plates to help prevent this. Mine was missing one of the sacrificial rubber tire splitters but luckily no cracked plastic.

Glad they are taking care of it for you.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Duct tape and a buffer ought to do the trick! Newport McLaren sells skid plates to help prevent this. Mine was missing one of the sacrificial rubber tire splitters but luckily no cracked plastic.

Glad they are taking care of it for you.
How much were you charged for skid plates including install.

·
Owner
893 Posts
I think that you purchased your car from a McLaren dealership ......therefore, I assume it will be taken care of. They must have overlooked the damaged rubber bumper.
Probably a very easy repair. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think that you purchased your car from a McLaren dealership ......therefore, I assume it will be taken care of. They must have overlooked the damaged rubber bumper.
Probably a very easy repair. :)
If I remember correctly, he got the car from Mclaren Greenwich. So much for being honest at the Mclaren dealership.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Very easy to do your self when you need to and should be very cheap,probably $40 a piece,and as has been said they are sacrificial so they are meant to be torn off to protect the rest of the undercarriage,no one yet has had a problem with handling if they are missing,i expect they come into their own on 130+ mph corners :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I remember correctly, he got the car from Mclaren Greenwich. So much for being honest at the Mclaren dealership.
They have been honest and took care of the problem swiftly at no cost to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Sorry to hear this ,if it helps I have the complete front end for SP, done 100 miles. I have no use for this, PM me and I will give you the details. I will do this FOC, as long you pay any shipping and make say a 200.00 EU. donation to our help for heroes fund.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Those things are the most disposable item on the car, you will likely take another one out before you know it. I keep an extra set on hand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts