McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My order went official on December 5th with a Mclaren order number of 4156 and build date of mid March.

Anybody else get an order number? Wondered how they get 4156 but maybe it's a code, ie 4 = European UK so built to Euro spec blah blah, car 156...

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
My order went official on December 5th with a Mclaren order number of 4156 and build date of mid March.

Anybody else get an order number? Wondered how they get 4156 but maybe it's a code, ie 4 = European UK so built to Euro spec blah blah, car 156...
Think mine was 3075 so that doesnt work!!,also dosent match the VIN 079,maybe they scrapped two under testing??:D,
All too complicated for me,so im just testing the winter mode in the SNOW today,works well.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
RIC,
My order no. Was 4032, my VIN is 581. There is certain to be a logic to all this data as I can't believe that Ron would allow otherwise. Perhaps its some mathematical function based on his body temperature at the time the numbers are allocated. Of course body temp must be taken rectally, as Ron admits that he's quite anal about things!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Order # 3500, VIN # 517

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. looks like it needs a Cray? or Hal 2000 computer to work that one out. Wonder if they have one in the MTC?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your a funny Android Mr West stay on mission:eek:

·
Registered
167 Posts
No VIN # here but the build slot is 2453 and McLaren Order Reference 3410.
Was told the car is scheduled to finish build during week 12 of 2012.
BTW, I'm from CA.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No VIN # here but the build slot is 2453 and McLaren Order Reference 3410.
Was told the car is scheduled to finish build during week 12 of 2012.
BTW, I'm from CA.

My car must be week 12 as well but is 4156 order no., some 600 and more after yours. The Mclaren anorak in me will be interested to compare vins when allocated :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
3410 seems too low given when the build is.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
What would the previous 100 be?
first cars could be the test fleet,then there were the 30 or so VIP cars to investors and top staff,but many of the first hundred are customer cars as mine is 00079,and there were quite a few before me,all guess work though

·
Registered
56 Posts
4227.....was told February build with March Delivery...will obviously check again since my number is higher then others ?? (if that has any meaning)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts