McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

We have put a deposit down on a 12c and hoping to be proud owners in the coming month.

Is it possible to obtain the the original bill of sale somehow?

I would like to know not necessarily the initial cost but list of options that was included.

Many thanks

Nick

2012 MP4-12C
1,760 Posts
In the US you can email a mclaren rep and they will send you the build sheet of the car. I’m assuming you can do the same in the UK.
People keep saying that but 4 attempts and no response for me.

Reactions: p2164 and NickBeale

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hello all

We have put a deposit down on a 12c and hoping to be proud owners in the coming month.

Is it possible to obtain the the original bill of sale somehow?

I would like to know not necessarily the initial cost but list of options that was included.

Many thanks

Nick
Welcome. Where abouts in the the UK?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yes very fortunate in that respect, had the pleasure of a brief chat at supercar fest with John, made our day!!
I have the VIN number for the car(Volcano Yellow Spider) but I'll add to the relevant thread here as it isn't listed, as soon as I pay the remaining balance and collect.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes very fortunate in that respect, had the pleasure of a brief chat at supercar fest with John, made our day!!
I have the VIN number for the car(Volcano Yellow Spider) but I'll add to the relevant thread here as it isn't listed, as soon as I pay the remaining balance and collect. View attachment 214000
As a matter of interest what was the purchase price?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Perhaps I could ask this another way - what's the current market price as of late Aug 2021 - of a 12c Spider?

There are a couple on piston heads for 84k and 89k - the difference seems to be the warranty. 650S' sell for just short of 100k - so I am guessing that unless the prices of 650S' rise then 12c's are "capped" - at where they are right now, since if you are buying one of these puppies then the difference between say 89k and 100k is immaterial. (although it makes me cringe to realize that with the difference I could buy a decent JDM Prius :))

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Perhaps I could ask this another way - what's the current market price as of late Aug 2021 - of a 12c Spider?

There are a couple on piston heads for 84k and 89k - the difference seems to be the warranty. 650S' sell for just short of 100k - so I am guessing that unless the prices of 650S' rise then 12c's are "capped" - at where they are right now, since if you are buying one of these puppies then the difference between say 89k and 100k is immaterial. (although it makes me cringe to realize that with the difference I could buy a decent JDM Prius :))
You really need to form your own opinion of where the market is. Actual sale prices are a big help in doing that, but only if you know all the options and history for each car.

When I bought my 12C, there were people telling me that the market was 15-20% above where I decided it was. Over a few months, I followed any cars that matched my criteria, and saw how long they took to sell. That gave me an idea of how far off the advertised price was. IMO, the biggest factors are condition, maintenance (including replacing IRIS, AC displays etc), options (including colour), and mileage. I put mileage last, as I avoided "high", due only to its impact on saleability, and "low", due to the potential issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

I've been looking for 6 months and they have all been around 84k, there was around 5 for sale at one point but less now, one of those was a white one advertised in Solihull it increased in price by around 2k from when it was first advertised and it was showing as deposit taken a week or so ago.

I managed to get a high mileage one(29.5k miles) in the colour we wanted(volcano yellow) with almost a full spec as far as I could tell(apart from wing louveres, carbon back seats), which is why I would like to have the original option list.
It's has full carbon interior and steering wheel, stealth pack, sport light wheels, carbon mirrors, carbon intake blades, carbon front and rear diffusers, carbon door cill, carbon front mud flaps, carbon covered engine components, carbon badges, alcantara, nose lift, sports exhaust, meridian dsp, iris 2(think original bill of sale was £270,000)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I should also say that we visited quite a few second hand dealers and they did say that obtaining stock was a problem, I purchased mine from the owner.

2012 MP4-12C
1,760 Posts

The market price is what you're willing to pay for it. Prices aren't going down and not buying a car for a certain price today means you may not buy it tomorrow because someone else did.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Could anybody answer this please?

Did Mclaren add trackers as an extra, I'm not sure it has one as it wasn't mentioned but is there anyway to tell?
Probs a silly question in some ways but something I'm curious about.
TIA

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,694 Posts
I've been looking for 6 months and they have all been around 84k, there was around 5 for sale at one point but less now, one of those was a white one advertised in Solihull it increased in price by around 2k from when it was first advertised and it was showing as deposit taken a week or so ago.

I managed to get a high mileage one(29.5k miles) in the colour we wanted(volcano yellow) with almost a full spec as far as I could tell(apart from wing louveres, carbon back seats), which is why I would like to have the original option list.
It's has full carbon interior and steering wheel, stealth pack, sport light wheels, carbon mirrors, carbon intake blades, carbon front and rear diffusers, carbon door cill, carbon front mud flaps, carbon covered engine components, carbon badges, alcantara, nose lift, sports exhaust, meridian dsp, iris 2(think original bill of sale was £270,000)
I'm hoping to get my car over 100k miles in a few years. 29k miles is still a baby! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We are at Shelsley Walsh Supercar Festival today, a good few Mclarens here, including a couple 650 spiders and a couple of 12c's in the paddock.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts