McLaren Life banner

One Lap Billy - Resets the Buttonwillow track record in a Senna

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  invisiblewave 
#1 ·
A New Year, A New (production car) Track Record at Buttonwillow Raceway, and a New ONE LAP BILLY Video. Check it out!

Enjoy!

#17 ·
We don't rent out the track ahead of time with it in mind that we are going to attempt a lap record.

It was a normal HPDE day and I got the track organizer to get 3 laps for Billy all by himself during lunch. (he had never driven a Senna before)

I was going to try out new tires for myself and that's what I had that day with me and put them on for his test. HIs feedback is that the mercedes spec cup2 were too hard and severely limited the grip, etc.

Unknown at the time of this day but discovered afterwards was that there was a crack in the front right lower control arm...

Bottom line; it set the lap record as a wounded car with not so great tires.

#10 · (Edited)
Always was ... especially if you compare to non track specials like 488GTB/F8 and Aventador S (cars that are its actual competition) and not the SVJ, Pista, GT BS or other very track oriented versions

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.