McLaren Life banner

341 - 357 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Looks great! Two years?? You must be an expert at guessing the ambient temperature by now. LOL Now those skills are obsolete :) Enjoy..... Time to drive!
And there was light!!!!!

I need to say a huge thanks to Dano. The screen work beautifully. 3 years having to guess what the temp was in my car. The DIY was super simple.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Jerome. I'm glad the install went so smoothly. They look great. They really are fairly strait forward to install especially with a few tips/tricks that EMF and myself have come across while installing these. I developed them for you guys as much as myself because I know first hand what a difference a bright new set of OLEDs make in the door! Now time to get out and drive :)

Dano

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thank you Dano! I got my screens today and after 30 minutes they were both installed. View attachment 197144
Wow, nicely done. I can do both sides in about 15-20 minutes as I've done it many times. To do them both in 30 min from start to finish the first time out is pretty damn good. You must be mechanically inclined and know how to follow instructions :) Looks great.

Dano

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wasted five minutes looking for the T30 screw someone else mentioned when it was a T15 that held everything in place. T15 removes the unit and T10 removes the trim cover. Thanks again for making these OLED replacements available.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Crazy! Makes you think the guys in the UK are drinking on the job. I know Torx bolts as well as my kids. What are your thoughts on the discrepancies? I am in the USA.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine was T25 and T10. Hmmmm...
LMFAO. I kid you not, I had to check again bacause I thought I must be remembering it wrong, but the screws in my 12C were T20 and T10. At least they got the T10 consistent. LOL Who is buying the screws over at McLaren???? Anybody else..... do I hear T40?? :p

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'll be in Düsseldorf, Germany for the next week. If anyone in that area needs a set let me know. I will bring a couple of OLEDs with me on the trip.

Dano

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have CF too but mine are T20 not T15. Go figure....
in most instances, a T15 will work in a T20 where low torque application is used such as on these bezels.most people would not be able to tell a difference in how the drive socket fits either...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just a heads up that I will be in Dubai at the end of the month. I've shipped a few there already but If anyone in the UAE still needs any displays and will be in the Dubai area let me know and I will bring a few displays with me. Dano

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a heads up that I will be in Dubai at the end of the month. I've shipped a few there already but If anyone in the UAE still needs any displays and will be in the Dubai area let me know and I will bring a few displays with me. Dano
Hi Dano, I'm David from France, with the same problem (driver and passenger)...is one set still available ?
Many thanks for your work/help, you're THE man !

341 - 357 of 357 Posts