McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I will wait for the convertible version of this to come out, then pick one up.

I'm a lover of both McLaren and Ferrari!

Having owned a 430 Scud, I am making the assumption that this beast will be incredible!

·
Registered
161 Posts
To me, a car maker who does not show up at the Francfort Motor show when the German market is theiir largest market in continental Europe is a little strange. Unless they have too many customers, and I am afraid it's not exactly the case, it means that they are seriously running out of cash.

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
To me, a car maker who does not show up at the Francfort Motor show when the German market is theiir largest market in continental Europe is a little strange. Unless they have too many customers, and I am afraid it's not exactly the case, it means that they are seriously running out of cash.
Or saving up for another motor show since they have nothing to unveil in Frankfurt (I guess) and the P1 is sold out?

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
To be fair, I do not see the point of attending the show, no new cars. The cost of the show must be huge. I don't see them running out of cash any time soon. Unless the investors get cold feet.

The P1 is not yet sold out.......?

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
To be fair, I do not see the point of attending the show, no new cars. The cost of the show must be huge. I don't see them running out of cash any time soon. Unless the investors get cold feet.

The P1 is not yet sold out.......?
Apparently it is:
Was told today by my dealer that the P1 is officially sold out and McLaren should be making an offical announcement soon, possibly by the end of the week. To all of those here like myself that were able to secure a P1 order congratulations!

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
they have enough orders for the P1, consequently yes it is sold out.. where the issue lies is that the allocation to areas is not what they thought.. u.s. has bought a lot of cars and has demand for more.. same for far and middle east.. all will have got more cars than initial allocation it seems... Europe has sold less than they hoped... consequently not going to Frankfurt makes perfect sense.. Europe has had both Paris and Geneva and if not enough people want it in this part of the world, then why bother.. just sell it to those that do...

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
they have enough orders for the P1, consequently yes it is sold out.. where the issue lies is that the allocation to areas is not what they thought.. u.s. has bought a lot of cars and has demand for more.. same for far and middle east.. all will have got more cars than initial allocation it seems... Europe has sold less than they hoped... consequently not going to Frankfurt makes perfect sense.. Europe has had both Paris and Geneva and if not enough people want it in this part of the world, then why bother.. just sell it to those that do...
All true,and I cannot agree more...........

·
Registered
4,955 Posts

Mikeyb.......you should run Mclaren as you have the time, trust me you could do it if they could keep you out of the cars!

Frankfurt a complete waste of cash other than sticking it to Porsche who will have a stand bigger than Earls Court so a waste of money for Mclaren.........I expect them to spend the savings on Iris upgrade for early adopters, empty nesters and red trouser obsessives

That's me taken care of then.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Don't quite see it that way guys, sorry.

McLaren really should be at the IAA and any other major car show, regardless if they have something new to show or not. It's simply about marking presence. Money saved at the wrong place, IMO.

I understand that marking presence is important especially when your trying to establish a new road going car brand but I sense other priorities......well, have priority.

The cost issue is the people time as well as establishment cost but I am told by my contacts in the wider car production market that sports cars are 'dead' with little demand compared with expectation thus, I suspect, that revenue weakness is driving reduction in expenditure; but I guess.

So as CEO of McDc auto production where would you cut expenditure Martin......given cash is King in a startup that is off Plan!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts