McLaren Life banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
I got a spare filter from the dealer, like you, hoping to find any information on the manufacturer for a cross reference - not a chance - it's a McLaren box and filter.

On the flip side, I was told the filter is only $14, that is quite a bargain bar none.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a standard filter used in many MB's and Porsches and Astons. McLaren now prices it at $28. From Benz they are12. The "exotic" markup is a bit much.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've not had just an oil change, but more important is that it is 12 hrs of driving and an overnight car rental. To me the cost of the oil change and filter is insignificant relative to the total pita.

·
McLaren Convert
397 Posts
For reference, a Porsche OEM oil filer (which is pretty universal for the Cayennes, M64 blocks, and the new DFI engines) is about $20 ordered from suncoastparts.com...the OEM manufacturer version by Mann costs $11 on Amazon.com The prices close in reference.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I've not had just an oil change, but more important is that it is 12 hrs of driving and an overnight car rental. To me the cost of the oil change and filter is insignificant relative to the total pita.
Why can't you ship it to the dealer for annual service? It is part of service when you buy a 12C.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts