McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok tried the oil check on lunch. Car up to temp, says conditions met, floor throttle and revs rise to near redline. Try it again and floor throttle and screen quickly changes to condition not met?

·
Registered
307 Posts
ok tried the oil check on lunch. Car up to temp, says conditions met, floor throttle and revs rise to near redline. Try it again and floor throttle and screen quickly changes to condition not met?
Whats's your question?

You might want to check the manual. :)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Depends on what platform you have Mark,if you are up to date (which i assumed you were) Then you shouldnt be able to redline it,it should only go to 2000rpm(if i remember correctly) The Manual could be wrong as it might not have a suppliment to go with the platform!!
If you have the old style meter reading you have to hold the 2000rpm yourself,which wasnt that easy on the first cars,just try that to start with:)

·
Owner
893 Posts
Your foot must be depressing the brake while you 'floor the throttle' !! Then it will hold your RPMs to around 2500.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats's your question?

You might want to check the manual. :)
You might want to go swimming with Great White Sharks. Must better use of your time. :mad:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your foot must be depressing the brake while you 'floor the throttle' !! Then it will hold your RPMs to around 2500.
I will try again shortly. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I know that I've mentioned this in the past, but do you guys reread what you've written. On top of which understanding what's been written, it's hard to respond to something if there is no clarity to what's being said. That's just a thought and a recommendation. Cheers....??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it figured out, and no my car did not come with an upgraded manual.

I thought the parking brake was sufficient to run the check, but Limey was correct, hold brake with left foot then floor throttle.

See owners forum for my newly self created problem.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
So, just to be sure, have the car warmed up with parking brake on and foot brake pressed, then floor the throttle and the screen will give you oil level? I've never checked mine.......but I've only driven it 10,000 miles so if it hasn't blown up by now I'm probably OK!

·
Name: Dimitri
37 Posts
yesterday, i wanted to check the oil level,read the manual, and tried the procedure, the left screen kept telling me "conditions not met" thx god there is the forum to understand where the manual failed! i will try now to depress the brake pedal and floor the throttle

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, just to be sure, have the car warmed up with parking brake on and foot brake pressed, then floor the throttle and the screen will give you oil level? I've never checked mine.......but I've only driven it 10,000 miles so if it hasn't blown up by now I'm probably OK!
Crazy you have not checked yours. Manual says car uses .1 liter every 500 miles or so, can't remember the exact miles. If you are pushing it hard, needs to be checked.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yesterday, i wanted to check the oil level,read the manual, and tried the procedure, the left screen kept telling me "conditions not met" thx god there is the forum to understand where the manual failed! i will try now to depress the brake pedal and floor the throttle
Glad I am not the only one. :p

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The point of this Forum, or one of them is to offer help to Owners and potential owners, not direct them to the owner's manual.

·
Owner
893 Posts
Dave,
It all depends on what update you've got.
Some earlier versions of the software will require the 'operator' to hold the engine rpms at a certain point (~2500), so that the reading can be obtained, after the 'countdown clock' reaches zero seconds.
The later software will hold those rpms for you (foot on brake/depress accell.) as the 'countdown clock' runs down to zero seconds.
:)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts