McLaren Life banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I figured out the oil check procedure, Limey was correct, I thought the parking brake was sufficient, and did not have my left foot on brake. Found I was 2 bars low, so picked up some Mobil 1 0w-40. Added a cup, and perfect level.

Problem is I drove off and thought I had the oil cap back on securely, I did not. Drove 1 mile and car started to idle around 1500, and was stopped at a light. Car would not engage a gear, then finally did, pulled over in a safe spot and saw oil cap was up against rear hatch. Put oil cap back on, the right way this time, :mad: cleaned up mess and checked oil again.
Still getting CEL light.

I have checked oil again, and still ok, but 1 bar low now. How do I get rid of CEL light?

For new owners, please push the cap down firmly, then twist.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok did a soft reset, locked the car, waited 5 minutes, no more CEL!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
It's truly amazing how temperamental these cars can be, holy crow do you think they will ever come out with an updated operating manual. It would be nice to have clarity on all this stuff, or will they just wait until everything has been resolved. I pray to god that when I do start to drive my baby the every situation will be resolved, including the manual. Cheers......??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts