McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Very cute! A least they are paying attention.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Doomed to fail! Trust me.

·
Registered
626 Posts
very low level !

plus it s to recognize the mp4 is a direct competitor of the aventador

that car is quiet expensive isnt it ? :)

la bave du crapaud n'atteint pas la blanche colombe ! (it s up to you to translate :))

·
Registered
432 Posts
la bave du crapaud n'atteint pas la blanche colombe ! (it s up to you to translate :))[/QUOTE]

Little help, anyone???

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
la bave du crapaud n'atteint pas la blanche colombe ! (it s up to you to translate :))
Little help, anyone???[/QUOTE]

"the drooling of the toad does not reach the White Dove" - or is that just a bad babelfish attempt?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Little help, anyone???
"the drooling of the toad does not reach the White Dove" - or is that just a bad babelfish attempt?[/QUOTE]

Google came up with the same thing....I guess its just a clever french way to say " sticks and stones will break my bones".
Wow i didn't think i would ever use "clever" and "french" in the same sentence :D:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a penchant for sayings like this. :)

Although I'd say that the phase is making the point that the jealously of the inferior does not affect the superior... rather than 'sticks and stones' which is more about dismissing verbal/written abuse.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Quick cover up! ;)

No need to pull your punches, (whoever?) you are........ :) I can take it!

p.s. again, for the record... 458 = brilliant. Company behind it, not so much.
No need to be banned in one post.

Whoever I am? I am the Voice of Reason. I am not a hater but I will not simply follow the company line either.

No, I am not an owner nor do I desire to be one. I simply love automobiles. For that statement, I am likely to be banned in my second post, which would be a pity, because I am the Voice of Reason.

For the record:

I think the McLaren F1 may be the only car built in the modern era to be considered one of the all time greats.

The 12C, not so much so, but it's a wonderful car none the less. The organization that brought it to market however still needs some work (I'm being polite). No surprise there, just an honest statement of fact. If they were honest with themselves, they would say the same.

Yes, I have and do own rival brands. I have for many, many years.

No, I am not British. Yes, I like British cars (my first sports car was British).

Can you take it? I'm not so sure. Only time will tell. It will be interesting to find out.

Let me close with: You cannot improve anything: a product, company, service, brand, etc....without bringing forth and exposing your weaknesses, problems, and missteps and analyzing them.

You cannot make your own situation better by simply criticizing the competition as an excuse.

It is the responsibility of all those who support the marque to bring these issues forward or the same mistakes will continue without change.

That's the voice of reason. :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have a penchant for sayings like this. :)

Although I'd say that the phase is making the point that the jealously of the inferior does not affect the superior... rather than 'sticks and stones' which is more about dismissing verbal/written abuse.

well done ;)

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
No need to be banned in one post.

Whoever I am? I am the Voice of Reason. I am not a hater but I will not simply follow the company line either.

No, I am not an owner nor do I desire to be one. I simply love automobiles. For that statement, I am likely to be banned in my second post, which would be a pity, because I am the Voice of Reason.

For the record:

I think the McLaren F1 may be the only car built in the modern era to be considered one of the all time greats.

The 12C, not so much so, but it's a wonderful car none the less. The organization that brought it to market however still needs some work (I'm being polite). No surprise there, just an honest statement of fact. If they were honest with themselves, they would say the same.

Yes, I have and do own rival brands. I have for many, many years.

No, I am not British. Yes, I like British cars (my first sports car was British).

Can you take it? I'm not so sure. Only time will tell. It will be interesting to find out.

Let me close with: You cannot improve anything: a product, company, service, brand, etc....without bringing forth and exposing your weaknesses, problems, and missteps and analyzing them.

You cannot make your own situation better by simply criticizing the competition as an excuse.

It is the responsibility of all those who support the marque to bring these issues forward or the same mistakes will continue without change.

That's the voice of reason. :)

Spare us all the bull sh-t, bdelp!

·
Banned
3 Posts
Spare us all the bull sh-t, bdelp!
I guess you couldn't take it after all.

Sad really.

I am not a hater. Too bad you treat people you don't know like one.

Who is bdelp and why do you hate him so?

And, please tell all of this why this is "BS". In fact, I believe it is common sense. Calling it BS seems -- inappropriate IMO.

"Let me close with: You cannot improve anything: a product, company, service, brand, etc....without bringing forth and exposing your weaknesses, problems, and missteps and analyzing them.

It is the responsibility of all those who support the marque to bring these issues forward or the same mistakes will continue without change."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts