McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, let's start the ball rolling. Those who placed/specced their cars, please state your specs and delivery time. For those who are waiting to receive their cars for the next 2 months, please post pictures!

Here's mine (Singapore):
Specs as follows:

Exterior Elite Paint Volcano Orange
Sport Exhaust
Wheels Standard 5 spokes painted alloy
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Carbon Ceramic Brakes
Polish Silver calipers
Leather Saddle Tan (one tone)
Leather Stitching Mclaren Orange
IRIS Upgrade with satellite navigation & meridian surround sount system (mandatory order)
Parking Sensors (Front & Rear)

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Exterior: Carbon Black
Interior: Black Leather & Alcantara, contrast McLaren Orange stitch, aluminum trim
Iris (mandatory)
Wheels: Lightweight Forged, stealth finish
Carbon Ceramic Brakes, McLaren Orange calipers
Inconel Sport Exhaust, aluminum finishers (& aluminum wing struts)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Graphite Grey
Carbon Engine and Bay Covers
Sport Exhaust
Lightweight Wheels
Stealth Package (Wheels inc.)
Black/tan alcantara interior
Heated/Electric Seats
Color Matched Steering Wheel
Carbon Interior Package
Carbon Seat Backs
Carbon Sills
Carbon wheel wells
IRIS
Floors Mats
Cover

No CCBs for me - the standards are lighter, and I'm not tracking it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
US car
Volcano Orange
Super-light Forged wheels- shadow finish-black calipers
Standard splitter/diffuser
Lightweight exhaust
CF mirror, engine bay panels, engine covers, sills, interior upgrade
Standard/technical fabric: black with McLAren orange accents:
CCB Brakes-
Iris
Sport exhaust
Standard seats/contrasting stitching
November build/ Dec delivery

·
Registered
104 Posts
Volcano Red
Super lightweight wheels
Black calipers
Heated Memory Seats
Carbon black/Harissa red leather zoned interior
Red Stitching
Iris/ Meridien Upgrade
TPMS
F&R parking sensors
Vehicle tracking
Floor mats
Battery charger

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
volcano orange
lightweight wheels in silver,black calipers
standard seats
iris
carbon fibre interior and engine covers
leather and alcantara with orange stitching
parking sensors
mats (dealer wouldnt throw them in with the mudflaps though!!)
battery charger (but now standard equipment)
tracker

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Houston texas mp-4 order

I put a deposit down in February with Park Place Motors in Dallas. I'm told maybe Christmas, but possibly as late as March of 2012. Currently spec'd as Azure Blue with Stone Grey interior, Iris, lightweight wheels, and a few other goodies. However, I talked with the UK Distributor a month ago and he told me he'd only taken one order (out of 220) that was Blue, so now i'm thinking of re-configuring and chainging to Carbon Black with Tan internior, black wheels, stealth pack, carbon trim etc. The Texas Dealer is bringing a demo car down to Houston in July and will also bring all the paint and trim samples, so I'll firm-up then.
I'm in the Ford GT Club here in the US and quite a few of us have placed deposits, but quite a few more have given up due to the "snotty arrogance" of some of the US Dealers. So far, Park Place has been good to me, though, so I'm still in!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Exterior: Carbon Black
Interior: Black Leather & Alcantara, contrast McLaren Orange stitch, aluminum trim
Iris (mandatory)
Wheels: Lightweight Forged, stealth finish
Carbon Ceramic Brakes, McLaren Orange calipers
Inconel Sport Exhaust, aluminum finishers (& aluminum wing struts)
has anyone heard the 'Sport' exhaust option.......is it a FULL Inconel set up (headers to tips).......had my 997 tt OEM headers changed to Inconel (tubis).......WOW:eek: what a diferrence in SOUND (louder and just WICKED).......i can just imagine what the 12C Inconels would sound;):eek::D

·
Registered
161 Posts
French car.
Exterior: Graphite Grey
Wheels: Super-lightweight - Silver finish
Carbon-fiber: wheel arch + sill panel
Brakes: Carbon Ceramic /polished caliper
Exhaust: Inconel
Interior: carbon Black Alcantara with Orange stitching, carbonfiber upgrade
Iris upgrade
Parking sensors, extinguisher, flore mats and battery charger

... But still hesitating to change exterior specs for Volcano Orange.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Same Issue

Funny that I am having the same issue. I ordered a graphite grey with orange CCB calipers and orange stitching on a black interior too, but I am considering changing to VO exterior. The main issue is that only black and silver calipers go with VO exterior and I don't like either of those choices. Any suggestion (excluding counseling, which my wife has already suggested)? Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Us car

White
Black leather with orange space fabric and orange stitching
Stealth package and stealth wheels
Iris
Color matched front lip
Black calipers

I am considering orange calipers, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Funny that I am having the same issue. I ordered a graphite grey with orange CCB calipers and orange stitching on a black interior too, but I am considering changing to VO exterior. The main issue is that only black and silver calipers go with VO exterior and I don't like either of those choices. Any suggestion (excluding counseling, which my wife has already suggested)? Thanks!

Must admit to having the same problem, prefer red/yellow calipers but having chosen Volcano Red I had the choice of Sliver or black calipers, as the wheels are silver it had to be black calipers for me. If you are having stealth wheels go with silver calipers

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I was in a Porsche showroom yesterday and the latest 911 has Alcantara seat centres with leather outer surfaces, very comfortable. My McL dealer said you can spec this way but it adds 8 weeks to delivery.

Anybody specced non standard items or combinations? If so, what?

I like Alcantara on the seats but not sure about on the dash. Any vews how it 'works' on the dash?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
My spec

VO, becoming very common but really looks the biz.

Black leather with orange stitch but dithering about Alcantara

Standard wheels wi black callipers, but they just don't look good - any wisdom on calliper colour?

Iris with Doris optional sound boost and Gertrude graphics

Heated and memory seats

Park sensors

TPM

Standard brakes and exhaust but......need to hear iconal and try cb.

Ventureshield

Tracker

Mats

No Carbon, no way, no, no, no. Then again it looks trick........wife has said no,no,no. She wants me to get a V12 Vantage so no carbon is the trade off.

Trying to get a two colour steering wheel black/orange but told it adds 8 weeks, utter bo.....ks McLaren.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I was in a Porsche showroom yesterday and the latest 911 has Alcantara seat centres with leather outer surfaces, very comfortable. My McL dealer said you can spec this way but it adds 8 weeks to delivery.

I like Alcantara on the seats but not sure about on the dash. Any vews how it 'works' on the dash?
It will work well on the dash. As a bonus, it will also cause less glare from the sun than a black leather dash, as reported by some members who drove the car at Dunsfold.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I think, as has been suggested, if you took the Stealth wheels with VO, the silver calipers will look great. If non-Stealth (i.e. standard finish wheels), definitely go with the black calipers.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,891 Posts

Another pic of Alcantara interior:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts