McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The hospitality suite is what we did last year, and are doing again this year, organised thru Gren at Park Place
We had a fantastic time last year, can't wait. If you are going to do it, the sooner the better - hotel rates and availability go crazy. We delayed our decision last year and ended up paying $640 a night for a crappy motel. This year we're in the downtown Hilton for $500-ish, much better, but still probably double their usual rates!

·
Registered
83 Posts
The hospitality suite is what we did last year, and are doing again this year, organised thru Gren at Park Place
We had a fantastic time last year, can't wait. If you are going to do it, the sooner the better - hotel rates and availability go crazy. We delayed our decision last year and ended up paying $640 a night for a crappy motel. This year we're in the downtown Hilton for $500-ish, much better, but still probably double their usual rates!
I didn't go with McLaren last year, but was in a Suite at turn 1, and I agree it was fantastic. I'm not sure you can get better views than that.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
I'm an Austin resident with a 12C coupe. Would love to have a caravan of our lovely cars going to the race each day if anyone is interested?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The nice thing about the suites is that they shuttle you to and from so you don't have to deal with the horrible traffic. We drove there for practice day, and after that ordeal the car stayed at the hotel! Also, given the amount of champagne handed out in the suite, the drive back to the hotel would be dangerous! We'll be there, but the car will be in the hotel.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hey Snowhorn, we get up to the hill country a lot so if you ever want to meet up for a drive to Luchenbach or similar, we can organize something, maybe round up Ritesh and some others?

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Would love to join a drive especially out to the twisted sisters. I have a colleague who is also getting a 12C so we would have a good herd.

I have a parking pass right up at the front gate for the race. Did the busses last year one day and that was horrid. Helicopters are an option but the in city landing sites are not great.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Any thoughts on a drive during that weekend? I'm having mine trucked down for the weekend and would love to see some of the roads out there if there is time and interest.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I live in Austin and would definitely be interested in a drive. Unfortunately my spider won't likely be here until after the race (on order now) but it would still be fun. Twisted sisters can be a full day deal but there are some fun roads near where I live (Bee Cave area) or some up in NW Austin as well.

Let's get something going!

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
uid0...you know i'm in!

·
Professional Bum
252 Posts
I'll be there, F1. I'm in one of the infield suites. Are we allowed to come visit the McLaren suites? With traffic into Austin it's faster for me to drive home... Found that out last year with $750/night rooms at the Hilton... I'm up for a drive. Lots of fun roads around the lakes.

·
Professional Bum
252 Posts
Would love to join a drive especially out to the twisted sisters. I have a colleague who is also getting a 12C so we would have a good herd.

I have a parking pass right up at the front gate for the race. Did the busses last year one day and that was horrid. Helicopters are an option but the in city landing sites are not great.
Several of the folks in our suite did the helo's. not a problem until Sunday when Austin decided no landings in the city after 6pm. Several had 6:30-7:15p flight times, wound up getting flown to Bergstrom out Exec then bussed to Barton area. No refund, compensation, just an extra 90+ minutes on their trip. I can tell you from last year, just drive. The traffic flys until you start getting close to the city. I'm glad I didn't do the helo's, saved a bunch of money and time. With suite parking passes you drive right to the front... You have much more flexibility driving, your helo time is finite, must be there 20 minutes early and wait in a tent. Obviously not my recommendation.

BTW, where is Mac staying this year, Hilton again?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts