McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've got another current thread that seems to be getting a lot of attention regarding this 1 year / 15km / 10k service for the MP4-12C.

As my car was taken in just today for this service, and hearing different stories as to what actually gets done from multiple dealers, I was able to get my hands on the actual and official McLaren worksheet / checklist that all authorized dealers should be using to complete this service.

One dealer went as far as telling me if I opted to only do an oil change alone, and not the full recommended service, that an R.0.C. would need to be signed, and the warranty of the car would become null and void! :eek: Not sure that is legal, but whatever. :confused:

Considering I have some warranty issues I want the dealer to contact MNA about, ( clouding of both headlights, paint issue around rear most side window moldings, and.... even a windshield wiper arm that seems to be bubbling / corroding ) and hopefully get replaced, I decided to have the full service done in hopes it will get me a bit further in the process of having those issues resolved. Now should they be resolved regardless of getting the 1 year service done or not. Absolutely! But I'm just not in the mood to argue and possibly get arrested for something like this. And considering this is the only local dealer to me, I don't want to burn any bridges during first two weeks of ownership either. ;)

So here it is for all of you coming up on the 1 year, or mileage sensitive service to be completed any time soon. This should shed some light on what is supposed to get done.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Saw check list. You're dreaming if you think a US McLaren dealership will do that whole list. They say they will, wether it gets done is highly suspect. LAZINESS runs rampant in the US of A now. Good luck!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saw check list. You're dreaming if you think a US McLaren dealership will do that whole list. They say they will, wether it gets done is highly suspect. LAZINESS runs rampant in the US of A now. Good luck!
Well that's something I obviously have no control over. So if people don't take pride in their work and have good work ethic, so-be-it. I can only hope buying the tech lunch pays for itself in other ways. ;)

Either way, I hope they do the right thing. I won't be losing any sleep regardless.

·
Owner
893 Posts
Mac attack,
I checked, and the mfg. warranty follows the car, not the owner.
It seems like you are paying 'ransom money' to bribe an authorized dealer to perform work that your warranty legally entitles you to. I wouldn't waste money on something I did not want just to make some brownie points with the dealership in hopes that they will treat you well. Some dealership jerk has already lied to you with their nonsense about 'canceling your warranty' unless they perform the yearly service! McLaren is turning customers off at every turn of the road ..... What's with these guys?? This is starting to sound like kissing the ring at a Ferrari dealership !!:mad:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Well that's something I obviously have no control over. So if people don't take pride in their work and have good work ethic, so-be-it. I can only hope buying the tech lunch pays for itself in other ways. ;)

Either way, I hope they do the right thing. I won't be losing any sleep regardless.
That's a good start, get to know the tech manager. Your at their mercy really, not much you can do but take their word for it.:rolleyes: Again good luck with it:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a good start, get to know the tech manager. Your at their mercy really, not much you can do but take their word for it.:rolleyes: Again good luck with it:)
I'll tell you what... it certainly goes a long way! I do these sorts of kind gestures for many different services I have done. Not only on my cars, but any type of hired work I might have doing odds and ends jobs for me.

I'm no rich guy by any means, (of course everyone thinks you are with cars of this caliber) but a $20 dollar lunch can go a long way in the way they look at you as a person. It shows you have an appreciation for their knowledge and time spent working for you. I know myself, that any time I've been tipped or even something as simple as being given refreshments of sorts on the job, it makes me and my crew even go just a step above and beyond for them.

Again, it's not going to make or break me, so I figure it's well worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts