McLaren Life banner

361 - 380 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
nice! what's the sq ft on that place? curious what the overall floorplan looks like. need some ideas for our next place.

We are all moved in the new house! View attachment 206413

And the best part is that I can always keep an eye on them.

View attachment 206414

View attachment 206415
We are all moved in the new house! View attachment 206413

And the best part is that I can always keep an eye on them.

View attachment 206414

View attachment 206415

·
Owner
504 Posts
nice! what's the sq ft on that place? curious what the overall floorplan looks like. need some ideas for our next place.
The house is small - only about 2,600 sqft, but it is just me and my cat. It is a 3 bedroom/3 bathroom home. The garage is 1,600 sqft with ultra high ceiling. It is a 5 car garage but I can add single lifts on the front and double stack high lifts on the back, so in theory, if needed, I can have 25 cars in there...LOL - very unlikely it will ever happen. I just want enough room for 5 cars with plenty of space to open doors, walk around, have a small lounge area and then have storage for my tools and misc. stuff.

I am going to make another post with photos from the inside, but I went super modern/industrial: concrete countertops, concrete flooring, etc.

·
Owner
504 Posts
Where is the house located?

That’s an awesome setup, I’d love something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I am in Overland Park, Kansas.

·
Registered
122 Posts
thanks for sharing the floorplan. just the wife and i and 3 large dogs. i would love to build something like you have to downsize on the wasted house space and put it in the garage where i need the room.

·
Owner
504 Posts
thanks for sharing the floorplan. just the wife and i and 3 large dogs. i would love to build something like you have to downsize on the wasted house space and put it in the garage where i need the room.
My previous home was 2,400 sqft, but it had a LOT of unused space. It was a 5 bedroom / 3 bathroom and the layout was less than optimal. It had a nice 3.5 car garage, but still, it was not ideal as with a basement and sub-basement, 40% of the house was unused. The living room was small as so was the kitchen/dining area - the master was adequate but it was all in 5 levels so it was a PITA. When I built, I wanted a one-level living and as open as possible.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The house is small - only about 2,600 sqft, but it is just me and my cat. It is a 3 bedroom/3 bathroom home. The garage is 1,600 sqft with ultra high ceiling. It is a 5 car garage but I can add single lifts on the front and double stack high lifts on the back, so in theory, if needed, I can have 25 cars in there...LOL - very unlikely it will ever happen. I just want enough room for 5 cars with plenty of space to open doors, walk around, have a small lounge area and then have storage for my tools and misc. stuff.

Brave to do concrete floors... been there a winter yet?

·
Owner
504 Posts
Brave to do concrete floors... been there a winter yet?
I had rented a place before that had them and love them - super easy to care for and keeps your body temp nice and cool (if you like that).

361 - 380 of 382 Posts