McLaren Life banner

261 - 280 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Wow!!! Which gorgeous blue is that??
MSO Atlantic Blue ... is a MSO bespoke color of which to my knowledge only 6 cars have been made by McLaren so far ... 3 720s (2 coupes one spider) and 3 Sennas ... maybe in the meantime more but I never saw any other pic or hashtag hinting for more cars on it ...

first car to carry it was the 2018 Geneva show car (the other 720s coupe) which a friend of mine owns now and the other was (still rumors) Mike Flewitts personal Senna...

Than there is @Rarity 720s Spider which you probably find the most pictures of in the US and 2 more Sennas (1 in NA and 1 im Germany) ...

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
here you can see the car more or less in move ( that is the Geneva 2018 car)

·
Registered
41 Posts
MSO Atlantic Blue ... is a MSO bespoke color of which to my knowledge only 6 cars have been made by McLaren so far ... 3 720s (2 coupes one spider) and 3 Sennas ... maybe in the meantime more but I never saw any other pic or hashtag hinting for more cars on it ...

first car to carry it was the 2018 Geneva show car (the other 720s coupe) which a friend of mine owns now and the other was (still rumors) Mike Flewitts personal Senna...

Than there is @Rarity 720s Spider which you probably find the most pictures of in the US and 2 more Sennas (1 in NA and 1 im Germany) ...
This is, IMHO, the best colour of all, by a landslide!
I've just ordered my 720s Spider today, but it was already speced, Saros grey, which I love! But this blue makes me very jealous.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
This is, IMHO, the best colour of all, by a landslide!
I've just ordered my 720s Spider today, but it was already speced, Saros grey, which I love! But this blue makes me very jealous.
oh there some quiet cool colors for the 720s - Satin Supernova Silver or the Volcano Colors are really great too

·
Registered
41 Posts
oh there some quiet cool colors for the 720s - Satin Supernova Silver or the Volcano Colors are really great too
Yes, I know! :)
But to my eyes, the Saros grey enters into the cool category, despite the fact its a... ...well... ... grey! 🤪

Luckily enough, it was one of my favorite color. Because, the car I've just ordered is some kind of special opportunity. Very serious discount, new car, 3 years guarantee, and the longest options list I've ever seen on a 720s, with almost everything in Carbon Fiber (minus the hood, the diffuser and the extended sill covers). Crazy specs!

But your color still makes me jealous. 😏🤭

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Yes, I know! :)
But to my eyes, the Saros grey enters into the cool category, despite the fact its a... ...well... ... grey! 🤪

Luckily enough, it was one of my favorite color. Because, the car I've just ordered is some kind of special opportunity. Very serious discount, new car, 3 years guarantee, and the longest options list I've ever seen on a 720s, with almost everything in Carbon Fiber (minus the hood, the diffuser and the extended sill covers). Crazy specs!

But your color still makes me jealous. 😏🤭
Saros is nice ... when the 720s came out it was my favorite launch color ...

well cf is very nice looking on the 720s to the degree which you have (quiet similar to mine) ...

Diffusor and sill covers are scratch magnets ... no need to option them in my opinion ...

The hood is even worse (in my opinion) as it destroys the flowing lines of the design and makes the car look like a GT2rs ... this may appeal to some but is in my opinion not what the 720s design wise is about ... cf wing goes well with some colors and looks bad with others ...

Reactions: tb993tt

·
Registered
41 Posts
Saros is nice ... when the 720s came out it was my favorite launch color ...

well cf is very nice looking on the 720s to the degree which you have (quiet similar to mine) ...

Diffusor and sill covers are scratch magnets ... no need to option them in my opinion ...

The hood is even worse (in my opinion) as it destroys the flowing lines of the design and makes the car look like a GT2rs ... this may appeal to some but is in my opinion not what the 720s design wise is about ... cf wing goes well with some colors and looks bad with others ...
I couldn't agree more! To me, the carbon hood is a joke. The extended sill, however, with a proper PPF mate protection, are really nice. But I will survive! 😉

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I couldn't agree more! To me, the carbon hood is a joke. The extended sill, however, with a proper PPF mate protection, are really nice. But I will survive! 😉
you can always get these later - no problem at all to install

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Well, I think I've read somewhere that to install it, it was necessary to remove the carpet underneath...
true but its not that difficult - several ppl here have done it

·
Registered
623 Posts
A few of my cars have cobwebs so you're not alone! And DaDuke, congrats on your incoming Saros 720! You're gonna love it! I'm one of the few who replaced my mini sill cover with the full extended carbon sill and I don't regret it one bit. Oh I also installed the Senna seats recently too. Only carbon bits I don't have on my car is the carbon door top covers and the hood. I think I have everything else.

720S by Jason Tang, on Flickr

Oh and Chris, your Atlantic Blue is utterly gorgeous! LOVE how it really shows off the 720S lines from every angle!

·
Registered
41 Posts
A few of my cars have cobwebs so you're not alone! And DaDuke, congrats on your incoming Saros 720! You're gonna love it! I'm one of the few who replaced my mini sill cover with the full extended carbon sill and I don't regret it one bit. Oh I also installed the Senna seats recently too. Only carbon bits I don't have on my car is the carbon door top covers and the hood. I think I have everything else.

Oh and Chris, your Atlantic Blue is utterly gorgeous! LOVE how it really shows off the 720S lines from every angle!
:love::love::love::love:

·
Registered
41 Posts

Was the installation of the extended door sills easy? Did you do it by yourself?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Was the installation of the extended door sills easy? Did you do it by yourself?
Unfortunately I’m a nincompoop when it comes to doing car stuff so I let the dealership do it for me. They said it was fairly straightforward. I don’t know if they had to cut the carpeting out or not but I’ve heard that it’s necessary to do.

261 - 280 of 315 Posts