McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to start a new thread,but i have been asked by Mark Mcloughlin of Mclaren GT to contact all our European members about the forth coming dates.
This is partly because Mark has all the UK owner contacts and the 3 UK dealerships are very pro-active with customers.However Mark does not have customer details for the european dealerships.
So any of you out there,here are the dates

30th april ,Valencia Spain
6th May Spa Belgiun
14th May Blister berg Germany
30th May Silverstone international,UK
19th June le Castellet ,France
18th July ,Donington,UK
11th Sept Blister berg.Germany
12th Sept Blister berg ,Germany

to inclue a full day driving ,full hospitality,food and a minimum of 30mins instruction with a Mclaren GT Development driver £1200+vat

Mark would also like to point out that Blisterberg is new track,but suited to the 12c and well worth a drive.

mark,[email protected]

I would also like to ask if all our members have recieved an email from their respective european Dealerships,as its up to them to help promote the brand and if not are letting Mclaren and customers down !

Apologies for not posting the offical email,but i have a computer glitch (no its nothing to do with my car!!)
So if anyone has it can they post it please.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Andy,
Thks for posting this info.
In reply to your question, I did not receive anything from my dealer (McL Paris) but anything else would be a surprise. I could write pages about how frustrated I feel about their total lack of interest in the brand and, more generally, in developing contact with customers once they have paid their car. I don't understand why Woking, who are well aware of the situation, are not taking action.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Seems Mark has got his work cut out!!! AND the only ones who have contacted him saw my original post
Mikeyb
McDc
RIC
isv
Did any of you get the offical EMAIL ???? from your Dealership.

I do Know Mark was touring the Uk dealerships last week to explain how this works for them as a tool for prospective buyers as the 7 pure Mclaren cars will be there to use for the dealerships (at a cost to the dealerships of course)
Maybe its too early for them to get into gear,but some of the dates are looming up pretty quickly and maybe its too quick to expect results this early??

Also forgot to mention the uk track insurance, £495 which is a big bonus ,but im not sure it applies to the rest of europe,

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems Mark has got his work cut out!!! AND the only ones who have contacted him saw my original post
Mikeyb
McDc
RIC
isv

I do Know Mark was touring the Uk dealerships last week to explain how this works for them as a tool for prospective buyers as the 7 pure Mclaren cars will be there to use for the dealerships (at a cost to the dealerships of course)
Maybe its too early for them to get into gear,but some of the dates are looming up pretty quickly and maybe its too quick to expect results this early??

Also forgot to mention the uk track insurance, £495 which is a big bonus ,but im not sure it applies to the rest of europe,
Just keeping it up here for today

·
Registered
3,072 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
I only got a reply after I asked the dealer for upcomming events. He said it'll be 6th May in Spa and that's it. Dont know how to register for these events.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Speak to mark on the contact details in andys message belg.. just send him an e mail and you'll be fine

Edit. Mcdc's message. Not andys.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Andy, I got the mail, got mildly exited, saw the price, deleted mail.

£1200 + vat!! To drive my own car round Donington!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Andy, I got the mail, got mildly exited, saw the price, deleted mail.

£1200 + vat!! To drive my own car round Donington!
I dont know?? i wouldnt take my car on an orgainsed track event with mixed brands,i cannot take that risk,plus time with a Mclaren development driver is almost priceless,they are subsiding this as the numbers will be minimal on track.They are not profit making events but will never be cheap.
Anyway im going for it ,i want to learn more about thrashing this beast in relative safety :)

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
This is the Pure McLaren Driving Program brochure as a PDF document:

http://www.filedropper.com/2013puremclarenbrochurehpte_1

This is the Pure McLaren Driving Program booking form as a PDF document:

http://www.filedropper.com/mclarengthptebookingform2013

Press the "Download this file" button (grayish), then enter the catchpa correctly, press the "download now" button and wait a few seconds before the download starts automatically.

Martin

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Mikeyb
McDc
RIC
isv

I did get the email from Mclaren London at the end of last week but had already contacted Mark per your earlier post :)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I dont know?? i wouldnt take my car on an orgainsed track event with mixed brands,i cannot take that risk,plus time with a Mclaren development driver is almost priceless,they are subsiding this as the numbers will be minimal on track.They are not profit making events but will never be cheap.
Anyway im going for it ,i want to learn more about thrashing this beast in relative safety :)
I agree about sitting next to a McLaren driver, would be cool.

I can go to well organised, high end track days with people and marques that I completely trust. And I can have quality 1 to 1 instruction at any of them although that wouldn't be 12C specific I accept. More track specific maybe. Anyway, I could have three of them, including instruction, at tracks of my choice for that money. Shame.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I can go to well organised, high end track days with people and marques that I completely trust. And I can have quality 1 to 1 instruction at any of them although that wouldn't be 12C specific I accept. More track specific maybe. Anyway, I could have three of them, including instruction, at tracks of my choice for that money. Shame.
Point taken:) I must get out more!!

·
Registered
8,123 Posts

Who do you go with naranja. ? Sounds like should also be investigated !

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Who do you go with naranja. ? Sounds like should also be investigated !
Hi Mike,

I tend to go with the GTROC who have some great days. Usually some very quick (tuned) GTR's and a few 911's to play with. Got Silverstone full GP in early May. 30 minutes with Jake Hill (very promising) is £30. Also got Thruxton (you've probably never heard of it!) in May or later in the year. Also considering a day with CATD training at Rockingham but not sure how much they know about the 12C. So much choice but, as Andy alludes to, it has to be with the right people!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well I have booked and paid for the Spa day. Spa is expensive anyway, and we will have the track to ourselves, with low risk. I went on the previous McLaren Silverstone day and it was really exceptional, except not the full circuit. I think that the Spa day will be really good, with the track to ourselves and we were promised a ride in the GT3 next time out, so hopefully that will come off. Anyway, I am really looking forward to it. I shall be on the way back from a drive to Croatia. Anyone else going to Spa?

1 - 20 of 113 Posts