McLaren Life banner
101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well I finally took the 765LT out with my dragy to see how she runs on the street. Nothing special done to the car to prepare, about 1/2 tank of gas, 60 ish outside, got some decent heat in the tires (R888R - only thing "non OEM" on the car). Did a standing 1/2 mile. Track/Track/ESC one press. She still spun pretty bad (crappy 0-60) but recovered well around 70-75 mph.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Circle
Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Screenshot
Rectangle Azure Font Screenshot Parallel
Rectangle Azure Font Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Well I finally took the 765LT out with my dragy to see how she runs on the street. Nothing special done to the car to prepare, about 1/2 tank of gas, 60 ish outside, got some decent heat in the tires (R888R - only thing "non OEM" on the car). Did a standing 1/2 mile. Track/Track/ESC one press. She still spun pretty bad (crappy 0-60) but recovered well around 70-75 mph.

View attachment 217813 View attachment 217814 View attachment 217815 View attachment 217816
Your car is running well. I'm going to switch to Michelins in the spring and see how they compare. Your trap speeds are great. You certainly could get into the 9.7's with some hotter weather but you'll lose a mph in trap. 9.72 at 148.97 remains my best time with a 6.46 1/8 and a 1.78 60 ft.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm debating taking the 765LT to TX2K22 to see if I can get a 9.3-9.4 on a properly prepped track.
Peter

Your car is running well. I'm going to switch to Michelins in the spring and see how they compare. Your trap speeds are great. You certainly could get into the 9.7's with some hotter weather but you'll lose a mph in trap. 9.72 at 148.97 remains my best time with a 6.46 1/8 and a 1.78 60 ft.

Reactions: Jo_sta7

·
Registered
34 Posts
My man Coincid posted his 0-60 mph experience, but at 60 mph this car is just getting started.

All owners, let’s post our 765LT data panels here.

this is my best mph in 0-60, 60-130, 100-150 and 100-200 kph.

question, will the car be quicker in ESC DYN mode? Can that be activated with handling in comfort? The roads are pretty bumpy in most of Pittsburgh and there aren’t many drag strips.

my goal is to get a 0-130 times in under 7.5 seconds and a 60-130 in 4.75 seconds or Less.

so far my best times have actually been just flooring the car in comfort/track and car in Auto at about 40 mph.
Found it! Thanks!🙂

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looking forward to it.....I'm pretty sure that for me, the [email protected] is as good as she gets on the streets (repeatedly)...traction is the issue. Can I get a Hail Mary 9.5 or so? Probably...but it's not an et that can be repeated over and over. The 60-130 might be the quickest for a bone stock car....not sure.
Peter

Once the weather warms up plenty more data to come from me. Michelins going on the car this spring.

Reactions: MclarenSpeedtail

·
Registered
130 Posts
Interesting, I guess I spun further out on my 9.92 pass as I cut a 1.80 60'

1.80 60'
[email protected] 1/8th
[email protected] 1/4

Post your dragy here, I'd like to compare to mine.
Peter

I’ve run 9.80 on the street with a 1.81 60 ft. I think 9.7 at 149/150 will be possible with the better tires at least I’m hopeful.

Reactions: MclarenSpeedtail

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Damn, so far the new Michelin PS4S I had installed suck. I don’t get it. Plenty of heat, best I can manage is 3.5 to 60 mph. Pirellis would have been 2.7/2.8 in the same conditions. It’s really confusing. Plus I’m feeling them after they don’t feel sticky. The car is spinning so much and just doent feel connected to the road.

The ONLY different is the PSI is about 38/39 while the old pirellis I kept at 30/31. I’m going to drop PSI but can’t imagine that’s going to help considerable. I’m baffled and sort of pissed.

·
Owner
735 Posts
Damn, so far the new Michelin PS4S I had installed suck. I don’t get it. Plenty of heat, best I can manage is 3.5 to 60 mph. Pirellis would have been 2.7/2.8 in the same conditions. It’s really confusing. Plus I’m feeling them after they don’t feel sticky. The car is spinning so much and just doent feel connected to the road.

The ONLY different is the PSI is about 38/39 while the old pirellis I kept at 30/31. I’m going to drop PSI but can’t imagine that’s going to help considerable. I’m baffled and sort of pissed.
Yeah, that is way too high, drop it down to 32 psi cold. But unfortunately from my experience, Michelins are not going to beat Pirellis on the street in straight line grip.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Best way I can describe the difference so far between the OEM provided Pirellis PZero and the MPS4S is that the PZero would spin but car felt like it was clawing 100x a second into the earth and the grip would then come fierce while the PS4S feel kind of disconnected before they hook up. Like the car can slide away without being able to grab it back.

0-60 time has dropped about .7 seconds so far. I don’t see how it will improve with tire wear.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Any issues with TPMS on your car with the Michelins?
Peter

101 - 120 of 149 Posts