McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Future Owner
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Track day booked at my local circuit (Donnington), track tyres booked, perfect weather forecast, car polished and looking perfect...

I've been away travelling with work for the last 10 days and so I nipped in to the garage this evening to check that the battery is all fine (had a problem with a flat battery last summer some time).

Strange pool of fluid under the car!! A few phone calls later, it appears the oil seals have gone on the transmission and so the car is xxxxed......First real problem that I've had with the car and it happens the night before my one track day of the year. Everyone's been very polite at McLaren, not much they can do and so no point going off on one - but can't pretend I'm not very disappointed.

I don't live far from the track and so I'll pop down in the morning to see you all enjoying yourself - I'll be the bloke in the Audi. Just took the attached photo to highlight my frustration

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
That's desperately bad luck Chris. Very sorry to hear that..
Car does look stunning though. What colour is that?

·
Future Owner
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your thoughts, I can't remember the exact colour name I think that it's standard blue or something like that image.jpg

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Sorry to here that Chris,look me up and come out for a lap or two when I find my feet,we will have a chat over lunch ! That is if you don't mind being shotgun to captain slow:eek:

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
They're doing another one at brands end of sep... Perhaps they'd let you roll it to that so you can at least have a day at the track when all is as it should be.
No consolation I know but my gearbox needed to be replaced also.. Not quite with the unfortunate timing yours has but has been perfect since...

Stunning colour. Think it the first one I've seen.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Really sorry to hear this Chris, as you say could have been an excellent day to be on track..
Is this the McLaren GT day by the way.

I'm not far from the track myself and might try to pop along in the afternoon to have a watch if they let you in..

·
Future Owner
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it was the GT day. Apparently the GT3 team are there tomorrow as is the new GT version and they will have cars taking around prospective customers.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Really sorry to hear this Chris, as you say could have been an excellent day to be on track..
Is this the McLaren GT day by the way.

I'm not far from the track myself and might try to pop along in the afternoon to have a watch if they let you in..
Yep Gary ,8am till 5pm,but I will be knackerd by mid-afternoon so don't come late!! No problem getting in,just say your with Mark at MclarenGT ,I doubt they have a list as I don't think they asked for my Reg

·
Future Owner
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andy, I'll look you up because I'm rather impressed with your new front bumper

·
Registered
964 Posts
:) I'll try and get along early afternoon to say Hi.. depends on the Birmingham traffic!! :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts