McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been contemplating whether to order them, but are they worth it in terms of weight savings and style?

Anyone here looking to part with theirs?

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Hey RC33, the link you've provided doesn't seem to direct towards anything relating to the above mentioned rims, sure has a lot of celebrity crap though which my wife would enjoy. LMFAO����. Cheers....����
hmm - took me to a nice Mclaren Spider Anniv Edition in VO with the wheels as stated.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Featuring the McLaren 50 Ultra Lightweight wheels in Satin Black;)

Ultra super light weight and style all forged:D

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Featuring the McLaren 50 Ultra Lightweight wheels in Satin Black;)

Ultra super light weight and style all forged:D
Roger which rims you using?

the 50th anni one looks good! but am sure i wont like the price tag that comes with it

·
Registered
289 Posts
Roger which rims you using?

the 50th anni one looks good! but am sure i wont like the price tag that comes with it
Mine is currently equipped with the Original Lightweight Forged in Satin Black :)

This pic below is the also the Lightweight Forged Rim offered by MSO in an interesting VO paint scheme.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is currently equipped with the Original Lightweight Forged in Satin Black :)

This pic below is the also the Lightweight Forged Rim offered by MSO in an interesting VO paint scheme.
Nice!

Just fitted my ceramics car actually stops now...

Still thinking about rims either the ultra lightweight or maybe after market?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Nice!

Just fitted my ceramics car actually stops now...

Still thinking about rims either the ultra lightweight or maybe after market?
Hey Spar7, would you mind elaborating on the ceramics remark stated in your posting, you've got my curiosity. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I have been contemplating whether to order them, but are they worth it in terms of weight savings and style?

Anyone here looking to part with theirs?
The Ultra Lights are the best looking wheel for the car. The new 50th wheels I like also. Sure there will be wheels up for sale on Ebay soon, if they are not available now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Spar7, would you mind elaborating on the ceramics remark stated in your posting, you've got my curiosity. Cheers.....??
Extremeride,

Used to run the steel brakes on mine, and always felt that the car was too fast for the standard brakes or maybe it was just me as im used to ceramic brakes with all my other cars.

the initial bite when you apply pressure on the brakes just wasnt there and i didnt feel comfortable especially when going for drives where we can reach speeds of up to 300km/h. i had to really step on the brakes to slow the car down. but with the new ceramic less pressure is required. pedal travel distance is slightly shorter but the pedal feel is still good.

Brake fade is never as issue for me with either steel or ceramics as i dont track my road cars i use them for city driving and the occasional weekend drivesbut theres definitely alot of difference in stopping power ( initial bite ) even in everyday use in the city,

on the track, i have got two cars the gt3 cup car on steel brakes and the 458 challenge on ceramics, which does make an even bigger difference. with the 458 it gives you the confidence to brake later into the corner and not to forget about fade, but beware of the maintenance it costs alot more as well to replace them ceramic rotors. they dont last a lifetime :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts