McLaren Life banner

341 - 360 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Also the SF90 is 2.5 seconds quicker around Fiorano than the Pista which will be the main target of the 765LT.
I do think the 765LT will be quicker than the Pista but 2.5 seconds on a short track would be a stretch.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
The 765lt 0-124 is 7.2. The SF90 is 6.7.
Half a second is a big gap. Around the same gap as the 675lt to the 765lt for context.
yes but Ferrari times are very enthusiastic and maybe only achievable by some special press cars, will even the 720s could do that in 7.1 (factory claim is 7.8) ...

Reactions: mcracing1

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Also the SF90 is 2.5 seconds quicker around Fiorano than the Pista which will be the main target of the 765LT.
I do think the 765LT will be quicker than the Pista but 2.5 seconds on a short track would be a stretch.
Fiorano times are about as meaningful as discussing by which mathematic metric which VS model was the most beautiful down the catwalk ...

Reactions: mcracing1

·
Registered
166 Posts
Fiorano times are about as meaningful as discussing by which mathematic metric which VS model was the most beautiful down the catwalk ...
It is only relevant when I put it in context using 2 Ferrari models. That just gives you an idea of how much faster it may be on other tracks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I won’t take those times for granted. My 720S is almost neck to neck with the Pista on our local (Lusail) and I’ve only started going to the track this season whil the Pista driver has been racing for 40+ years now. The 2RS blows us both away though.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
It is only relevant when I put it in context using 2 Ferrari models. That just gives you an idea of how much faster it may be on other tracks.
Not really Bc it’s marketing numbers ... the real world differences between fiorano numbers are usually not comparable to other tracks ... besides saying the SF90 is probably quiet fast (as one would expect from a 1050hp Ferrari) it does not say much ... just look at how the front engine V12s all are quiet good on there but in real world tests they are mostly obliterated by mid engine cars like the Pista or 720s ...

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
I won’t take those times for granted. My 720S is almost neck to neck with the Pista on our local (Lusail) and I’ve only started going to the track this season whil the Pista driver has been racing for 40+ years now. The 2RS blows us both away though.
2rs is a track weapon and gets better even if there are no long straights like in Bahrain F1 track, where you could use the better acceleration of the Pista or 720s ... in the many corners you will probably just lose too much time to ever get it back on the short straights ...

·
Registered
80 Posts
2rs is a track weapon and gets better even if there are no long straights like in Bahrain F1 track, where you could use the better acceleration of the Pista or 720s ... in the many corners you will probably just lose too much time to ever get it back on the short straights ...
Exactly. Our track was built with motoGP in mind more than cars.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It will have to in Europe at least
I wouldn’t be so sure. I recall reading that Mclaren uses PFI rather than DI fuel injection which may enable them to be compliant without the filters. Curious to know what the final outcome was.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #353
True, but probably not soon, and not at nearly the same volume level as before.
I think that Ferrari, McLaren and even AM will survive this crisis ... AM is the biggest concern in my opinion, but at least the brand and some of its products will still be made ... However I expect we might see a change or partly change of ownership in one or even all three of these companies and that some projects won't be realized to save development cost and adjust to lower market demand ... Not even sure this will impact the high end market so much, but maybe more the medium and entry lvl stuff ...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think that Ferrari, McLaren and even AM will survive this crisis ... AM is the biggest concern in my opinion, but at least the brand and some of its products will still be made ... However I expect we might see a change or partly change of ownership in one or even all three of these companies and that some projects won't be realized to save development cost and adjust to lower market demand ... Not even sure this will impact the high end market so much, but maybe more the medium and entry lvl stuff ...
All the brands will survive, much of the demand will not. Volume will be sliced in half in the immediate future. The aspirational stretch buyers are gone, and the wealthy who remain, will instead focus their resources on gobbling up investments at 60 cents on the dollar.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The 765lt 0-124 is 7.2. The SF90 is 6.7.
Half a second is a big gap. Around the same gap as the 675lt to the 765lt for context.
62-124mph 4.2 sec for the sf90stradale
62-124mph 4.4 sec for the 765lt.

0.3sec looses the 765lt from 0-62, where traction is an issue, once rolling there is almost no different.

the stradale is only able to go that fast IF the batterys are full charged, 2 topspeed runs in a row can drain the batteri to low level easy.

720s in stock trim run did already 4.3 sec for 62-124mph. I wouldnt be surprised if the 765lt is running 4.0sec im stock trim for the very same exercise

·
Registered
75 Posts
It will have to in Europe at least
NO, no OPF for the 765lt. Mclaren is considered as a small manufacture by the EU and there for has this transition time to 2021, where they dont need to
have particular filter. (they homologate
the 765lt in 2020, that is important)
the last one for this aeria

·
Registered
166 Posts
NO, no OPF for the 765lt. Mclaren is considered as a small manufacture by the EU and there for has this transition time to 2021, where they dont need to
have particular filter. (they homologate
the 765lt in 2020, that is important)
the last one for this aeria
Ok, good info.

·
Registered
2020 720 Spider
140 Posts
General rule from experience...Ferrari overstates their numbers and McLaren understates theirs...so to me that’s means in the real world the 765 and SF90 will be very close. Perhaps 0-60 the SF90 will be ‘slightly’ quicker. I’ve done 2.7 0-60 with NO 1ft rollout in my 720 spider, on the street with the top down in 5500DA. 2.52 with 1ft roll out. 765 will be 300lbs lighter and 45hp more and stickier tires = seriously quick 0-60 times.

On track I think the 765 will handle it pretty comfortably, IMHO.

The 765 will also be on Trofeos. In many 720 tests and comparo’s to the GT2RS and other cars, the 720 was on Corsas. I think the 720 on trofeo’s is quicker or at worst case on par with the GT2RS. Those Cup2R’s are where most of the time is in the 2RS.

·
Registered
137 Posts
What tires do you have on your 720S? That’s ridiculously quick for RWD on the street. Had to be almost no spin.

·
Registered
2020 720 Spider
140 Posts
What tires do you have on your 720S? That’s ridiculously quick for RWD on the street. Had to be almost no spin.
Relatively new Stock Pirelli Corsas...80 degrees outside...tires temps were showing an indicated 126 degrees. The car will do over and over again. Yes...little to no wheel spin.

The 720s is a beast. It’ll do10.00 to 10.20in 5500 DA at 2000ft elevation, on the street over and over as well. Haven’t been to the strip yet in it...Can’t imagine how it would do in better elevation and better air. Cheers.

341 - 360 of 362 Posts