McLaren Life banner

301 - 320 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
It depends whether the track brake system includes the brake boost (or whatever it is called for the Senna). EVERY track focus senna owner cannot stop talking about how good the brake system is on the Senna.

Surface Transforms does make the brake system for Senna (rotors). A few of the owners swapped to the Surface Transforms right away. They have an off the shelf system ready to go (which I plan on getting and swapping to right away if I option this brake system in).

The OEM rotors for Senna are $10K each and the full OEM brake pads (front and rear) are about $7,500. The wear on the pads and rotors is much better then 720s.

(Also; contact C.J. Wilson on instagram (supercar_cj or cjwilsonphoto) as he is the USA distributor for Surface Transforms).
Good to know. I didn’t see Mac listed on ST’s website, so I assumed they didn’t make anything for them. Those are some steep costs on OEM rotors and pads, so an aftermarket option sure would be nice.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Good to know. I didn’t see Mac listed on ST’s website, so I assumed they didn’t make anything for them. Those are some steep costs on OEM rotors and pads, so an aftermarket option sure would be nice.
correct . It’s not on the website . I have a friend with a 675 that is running surface transforms. I get a message from cj every time I mention giro on 720/600 Lt on Instagram and he reminds Me that surface transforms makes the discs for the Mac’s.

I’ll be having the surface transforms ready to go on day 1 when I receive the 765.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
It's tough to say what their thought process is on the 765LT pricing...Perhaps they feel there isn't anything close to it in the $400k-$500k price range performance wise...and they'd be right. The SF90 is the only car coming out that will have performance specs same/better and that'll likely be $650-$950k +. But it probably won't depreciate as badly.

I was at my dealer the other day and while there, someone called inquiring if they had any 765LT spots open. So I asked my contact there about it and he said they are up to 27 people on the waiting list with 'maybe' only half of that in actual allocations (because the really don't know yet). So perhaps they are getting word from dealers about the demand and therefore think the pricing is solid.

I guess we'll have to wait and see...but one thing is for certain, the depreciation will be steep in the first 1-2 years...esp. if it's like the 720, 675, 570 etc...It's a shame too because they are such awesome cars! Not the best time to be launching a super car...
For the next 2-3 Years I cannot see much that could have the potential to best a 765LT in this segment:

Only possible cars are in my opinion:

A 992 based GT2rs (maybe in 2-3y)
A more extreme version of the Huracan (maybe next year - but unlikely to beat the 765LT)
AMG GTR BS (some ppl suggest this will be a 850hp+ monster) (not sure if it could outperform the LT being front engined with a heavy block)
Performance Version of the F8 (many ppl say there won't be such thing)
Little Brother (the Ferrari V6TT Hybrid) but it should be below SF90 specs (however the sf90 could be more in line with the V12 812SF etc and the LB could be the F8 Hybrid successor)

Other than that not much on the horizon below 1m plus hypercars which has the potential to beat an 765LT for quiet some time ...

·
Registered
384 Posts
That can't be from Mac dealer? I've had a couple of Private Messages from people who have some to sell but they aren't directly from Mclaren.
Not from a Mac dealer no but here in the UK some seemingly brand new parts become available through other outlets, I bought a steering wheel for less than half list price and it was brand new....

·
Registered
253 Posts
after talking with my dealer yesterday, seems many people are remaining on the fence about ordering a 765S. So the message is if you really want one shouldn't be a problem as long as ur willing to commit and actually place an order. Hope all are staying well.

·
Registered
245 Posts
after talking with my dealer yesterday, seems many people are remaining on the fence about ordering a 765S. So the message is if you really want one shouldn't be a problem as long as ur willing to commit and actually place an order. Hope all are staying well.
I'm not surprised to hear that. I called a couple of dealers before this whole Covid thing happened and was put on a list at both, but told they didn't know how many they would be getting and would have to wait to find out to see if I could get one.

One dealer called me back and said that he had two repeat customers that were basically going to buy and flip them and I could have one if I wanted to buy one of those at over MSRP. I said no thanks.

So, now here we are and I'm not surprised to hear this.

Honestly, I have no problem affording one, even in this crisis, but it irks me a bit that I can't just buy one without overpaying until a crisis happens.

Add to that, I think this crisis is going to make the already bad resale value of Macs even worse and it just puts a bit of a sour taste in my mouth about buying one right now.

I'm seriously considering just getting an even better deal on a 675LT and in a year or two when the 765LT coupes are already depreciated some, picking one up then.

That being said, the 765LT looks amazing and I really want one...

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm not surprised to hear that. I called a couple of dealers before this whole Covid thing happened and was put on a list at both, but told they didn't know how many they would be getting and would have to wait to find out to see if I could get one.

One dealer called me back and said that he had two repeat customers that were basically going to buy and flip them and I could have one if I wanted to buy one of those at over MSRP. I said no thanks.

So, now here we are and I'm not surprised to hear this.

Honestly, I have no problem affording one, even in this crisis, but it irks me a bit that I can't just buy one without overpaying until a crisis happens.

Add to that, I think this crisis is going to make the already bad resale value of Macs even worse and it just puts a bit of a sour taste in my mouth about buying one right now.

I'm seriously considering just getting an even better deal on a 675LT and in a year or two when the 765LT coupes are already depreciated some, picking one up then.

That being said, the 765LT looks amazing and I really want one...
unfortunately the entire Super Car market has been afflicted with declining values and canceled orders. The Ferrari dealer in my area currently has (5) unsold Pista's sitting on the floor and they're values are going in the wrong direction. Contributing to the problem, Ferrari simply produced to many and put the same engine in the new F8 Tributo. Lambo. did the same thing with the Performonte, to many produced and same engine in the new EVO. I wonder how many Pista and Perf. owners were just a little upset by those moves. At least Mclaren hasn't pulled that stunt!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
unfortunately the entire Super Car market has been afflicted with declining values and canceled orders. The Ferrari dealer in my area currently has (5) unsold Pista's sitting on the floor and they're values are going in the wrong direction. Contributing to the problem, Ferrari simply produced to many and put the same engine in the new F8 Tributo. Lambo. did the same thing with the Performonte, to many produced and same engine in the new EVO. I wonder how many Pista and Perf. owners were just a little upset by those moves. At least Mclaren hasn't pulled that stunt!
they don't need to ... as we all know there is the same engine in all McLaren's anyway ... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mclaren didn’t do that but from the 675LT to the 720S they made a new chassis, heavily modified the engine (but didn’t change it), updated the interior, infotainment, electronics, etc.. Essentially they made everything better without keeping anything unique to the 675LT which in turn made it obselete. Don’t you agree?

·
Registered
245 Posts
That is true that all are affected, but Macs seem to be more so. I was just looking at prices on Performantes last night and it seems they have held value better than the 720S (at least the asking prices have, not sure if the selling prices have).

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
That is true that all are affected, but Macs seem to be more so. I was just looking at prices on Performantes last night and it seems they have held value better than the 720S (at least the asking prices have, not sure if the selling prices have).
well as I discussed with @unmac some time ago much of this is a kind of vicious cycle of ppl thinking Macs depreciate more, hence being willing to not offer the same prices they would for used Lambos or Ferraris and many owners being under pressure to ask less than they would for other cars at the same age/milage ... a really big part in this is the owners community being pissed about depreciation for years now, being quiet vocal about that issue and therefore actively inviting others in the market to low ball them ... no idea how that could ever stop if we go from one depreciation thread to another in nearly every McLaren related forum ...

·
Registered
245 Posts
well as I discussed with @unmac some time ago much of this is a kind of vicious cycle of ppl thinking Macs depreciate more, hence being willing to not offer the same prices they would for used Lambos or Ferraris and many owners being under pressure to ask less than they would for other cars at the same age/milage ... a really big part in this is the owners community being pissed about depreciation for years now, being quiet vocal about that issue and therefore actively inviting others in the market to low ball them ... no idea how that could ever stop if we go from one depreciation thread to another in nearly every McLaren related forum ...
No doubt there is truth to that as well.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Mclaren didn’t do that but from the 675LT to the 720S they made a new chassis, heavily modified the engine (but didn’t change it), updated the interior, infotainment, electronics, etc.. Essentially they made everything better without keeping anything unique to the 675LT which in turn made it obselete. Don’t you agree?
I'm not qualified to answer that since I've never driven a 675LT but I'm sure there are plenty of owners that would disagree with you. But from what I've read the 720S may outperform the LT but the driving experience is quite different. However, as a a current owner of a 2020 600LT Spider I can say after driving back to back with a 720S the 600LT was just plain more fun to drive and put a bigger smile on my face. Its not always about ultimate performance numbers as much as how it makes you feel getting there. Hence a 600LT wound up in my garage and the 720S didn't.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I personally cant imagine choosing a 765LT over a 675LT at the current spread in price. The 675LT is a ‘seasoned’ car, now 5 years old. Mine has 11k miles on it, all niggles sorted, running great and at these values it is there to be driven. The 765, to my eye, doesn’t give the aesthetic difference between 650 and 675. Also think the 720s (I owned one for a while) was already crazy bonkers fast - we definitely didn’t need more speed and more grip. I am sure all cars will depreciate for a while, my guess is that 675 can go down another 20-30% from here, same for 765LT which of course will be a larger loss in absolute dollars. I am just hoping that F40 prices come back to earth - thats the only think I would sell the 675 for, I sold my F40 4 years ago.. regret it everyday!

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
For the next 2-3 Years I cannot see much that could have the potential to best a 765LT in this segment:

Only possible cars are in my opinion:

A 992 based GT2rs (maybe in 2-3y)
A more extreme version of the Huracan (maybe next year - but unlikely to beat the 765LT)
AMG GTR BS (some ppl suggest this will be a 850hp+ monster) (not sure if it could outperform the LT being front engined with a heavy block)
Performance Version of the F8 (many ppl say there won't be such thing)
Little Brother (the Ferrari V6TT Hybrid) but it should be below SF90 specs (however the sf90 could be more in line with the V12 812SF etc and the LB could be the F8 Hybrid successor)

Other than that not much on the horizon below 1m plus hypercars which has the potential to beat an 765LT for quiet some time ...
The SF90 will out perform the 765LT and will be closest in price to a well specced car.
Also it will hold is value very well in comparison. They really need to reduce the production numbers on the 765LT to make it feel special. Over 1500 units is probably more than the total run of the 600LT and look at the price of those now.
I love the LT brand (I have 2) and it is a shame to say it but I think they are going to struggle to sell these cars.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The SF90 will out perform the 765LT and will be closest in price to a well specced car.
Also it will hold is value very well in comparison. They really need to reduce the production numbers on the 765LT to make it feel special. Over 1500 units is probably more than the total run of the 600LT and look at the price of those now.
I love the LT brand (I have 2) and it is a shame to say it but I think they are going to struggle to sell these cars.
I was between the SF90 and 765LT too. But when you think about is, the SF90 is way heavier and more of a GT while the LT is much more raw and track focused. Also, I think you’re still talking about $250K more for the SF90 fully specced vs a fully specced LT.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My strategy will be get a early SF90 and keep it for a year. The demand will be high initially so I would guess a small depreciation.
Sell it and buy a used 765LT at a heavily discounted price. I love the LT brand and intend to have all in my collection (except the F1) but I am not willing to take the new car hit.

301 - 320 of 362 Posts