McLaren Life banner

261 - 280 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Yes I heard that HQ just went into a different working mode. Not sure how the F1 Teams activities would influence the distribution of the pricing for Automotive's product that has been long-planned. I'm guessing it's not yet ready to push out for some other reason.
Update: I just got informed that it’s now scheduled for Wednesday next week ... (this is only for Germany so others could still get it today but I think it’s unlikely)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
its functional but for cooling only, not for induction

so i'd agree it makes it somewhat cosmetic..

but on that basis all the scoops have been cosmetic only as the ones on the previous lt didn't really improve performance, just made a cool noise in the cabin
The noise was super cool. But I'm biased.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Having it to just vent air for cooling purposes seems like function following form, rather than the other way around. The scoop setup used in the Senna would have been much more worthwhile. If I ultimately get a 765LT I won't opt for the scoop.

Safe to say the price list and particularly the cars will be delayed. McLaren factory is shut down, as are Ferrari and Lamborghini.

·
Registered
305 Posts
What are the chances McLaren either lowers pricing or reduces the build quantity? I believe they did the latter with the Elva. I’m beginning to wonder if the market still has an appetite for that many new $400k McLarens, especially knowing a further 765 spiders will also be offered. Would-be coupe buyers may elect to wait out the economic storm and opt for the spider if the economy experiences a turn around by time of launch.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
What are the chances McLaren either lowers pricing or reduces the build quantity? I believe they did the latter with the Elva. I’m beginning to wonder if the market still has an appetite for that many new $400k McLarens, especially knowing a further 765 spiders will also be offered. Would-be coupe buyers may elect to wait out the economic storm and opt for the spider if the economy experiences a turn around by time of launch.
Timing is everything - Spider production been confirmed?

Love my Senna - Elva was just too expensive. Elva at Senna price range would have sold out and made plenty with MSO. 765LT Spider sits at attractive price point and it's still really far away.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Timing is everything - Spider production been confirmed?

Love my Senna - Elva was just too expensive. Elva at Senna price range would have sold out and made plenty with MSO. 765LT Spider sits at attractive price point and it's still really far away.
I thought production of a spider variant was a forgone conclusion.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If I’m not mistaken, didn’t McLaren drop the proposed number of units they intended to produce on the P1 after listening to market feedback and customer interest?

Where does an Elva come in price wise in the US? I recently saw a SP2 Monza at my Ferrari dealership ~ $1.6-1.7MM. While incredible in its own right, I’m not sure I could justify that either. Though it was very impressive in person.

No way they adjust the 765 units of the LT IMO based on the economic conditions. I think McLaren knows they’ve got as close to a sure fire hit with this LT as any car they make. It’s in a price point that has a larger buyer pool than Elva’s. I think most are betting looking at China and South Korea’s trajectory of the virus that we see a sharp but rather brief recessionary period at this point, despite the conditions looking worse in both western Europe and US.

·
Registered
954 Posts
They are still holding back on prices.

The more interesting impact is to the Speedtails. They are now just starting to get delivered.

Here is a message I received yesterday. This is from a General Manager of a medium sized Mac dealer in the United States.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
German Pricing is out: Only the base pricing ...

Screenshot of sth. posted on the 720s/765LT group in FB: this is confirmed to be authentic by someone I know from McLaren ...

·
Registered
41 Posts
They are still holding back on prices.

The more interesting impact is to the Speedtails. They are now just starting to get delivered.

Here is a message I received yesterday. This is from a General Manager of a medium sized Mac dealer in the United States.
View attachment 200521
They have to be getting more than 8 cars. At least 300-350ish coming Stateside and only 26 dealers right? I was figuring around 14ish per dealership. Is my math in line?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
They have to be getting more than 8 cars. At least 300-350ish coming Stateside and only 26 dealers right? I was figuring around 14ish per dealership. Is my math in line?

maybe not all dealer allocations done - pretty sure they only give the numbers for Q3 and Q4 2020 and Q1 2021 ... if the car is in production till Q3 2021 pretty sure they will get more allocations later on in Q3 and Q4 2020

·
Registered
921 Posts
I believe McLaren NA also gets their hands on the Canadian allocations too, so might be included in the numbers?...technically just one dealer in all of Canada with 3 (4?) locations.

·
Registered
954 Posts
The allocations he mentioned were for coupe. The line of buyers could be coupe and spider.

The dealer that I mentioned in previous posting is a mid size dealer. My dealer also thought that they may only get 8 coupes (they are one of the four big dealers. The others being beverly hills, newport, philadelphia).

It's difficult to get a reading on this. I have a lot of Mac owners follow/message me on Instagram. A good number of owners who are on their first Mac have told me that they will be getting a 765 (not only that they want one but that their dealer has promised them one). It would be impossible for anyone who has only bought one mac car to get a 765 from our dealer.

Two people on these forums have stated that they are confirmed to get one (one who happened to corner a Mac personnel during Monterey car week and another who is a customer of a new dealer in the states). One of those has only had a used 675 and the other only Mac car purchased was a new 600 LT. It was not comforting to know that people with little buying history are getting a supposedly in demand car. This same thing of lack of buying history and getting a Senna (multiple examples of this) was a big indicator to me that they were going to fall in price very quickly after the first 300 or so cars hit the road (unfortunately, I was correct).

·
Registered
13 Posts
May pass and add another Senna add the idea of ordering specifying waiting it's a lot of brain damage.
I can't find fault with that idea. Assuming the new LT is going to be ~$470 usd well-spec'd (educated guess), will drop 50% in value over 4-5 years; seems a Senna in the high-800s would likely cost you less over that time period, including paying down equity on a loan.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
I can't find fault with that idea. Assuming the new LT is going to be ~$470 usd well-spec'd (educated guess), will drop 50% in value over 4-5 years; seems a Senna in the high-800s would likely cost you less over that time period, including paying down equity on a loan.
i assure you a good spec LT will be closer to 600k than 500k before MSO paint job/taxes and so on ... I know that for sure and you will soon also see once the US price list is out ...

·
Registered
13 Posts
i assure you a good spec LT will be closer to 600k than 500k before MSO paint job/taxes and so on ... I know that for sure and you will soon also see once the US price list is out ...
Thanks for the info. Only furthers my point.

Do remember that right now 335k Eur is $396k USD. We usually convert better than the exchange would suggest. There is also no reason to think a "nice spec" is more than $75k over base msrp. Still think my guess is sound but respect the fact that you likely know something I don't.

261 - 280 of 362 Posts