McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
  • Gorilla Glass Door Uppers are no longer available
  • Scoop seems to be cosmetic only (??? subject to be confirmed) and there seem to be 2 variants in gloss black or cf
  • there is a MSO option which will make parts of the body shell cf: MSO Defined Carbon Fibre Body Panel Pack - Body Coloured: Rear Fenders and Door Applique
  • there is a MSO front fender with cf louvres
  • Track Pack Pro will include Senna Brakes and Senna Seats
  • the 4 pipe exhaust seems to spit flames

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I find it hard to believe the roof scoop would be cosmetic. I think perhaps they just didn't render the plumbing for it correctly. McLaren doesn't strike me as a company to sell a non-functioning scoop.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I find it hard to believe the roof scoop would be cosmetic. I think perhaps they just didn't render the plumbing for it correctly. McLaren doesn't strike me as a company to sell a non-functioning scoop.
Well some guys wanted roof scooped Speedtails ... function is below zero ... MSO still does it for the $$$$$ ...

From its position on the 765LT I can hardly see a possible way for the air collected to reach the engine without massive changes on the roof and B or C pillar which are not shown in the configurator

·
Registered
108 Posts
No Senna seats for Australia but over the ditch in NZ, yes👎.

·
Registered
49 Posts
No Senna seats for Australia but over the ditch in NZ, yes👎.
OMG really ? u got options list already ?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I
Top speed down from 340 to 330kph, presumably the shorter final drive.
Suspect it's more to do with increased aero as the 720 doesn't rev out in top gear (I think??).

With 15% shorter gearing it should have considerably more wheel torque than the Senna.

·
Registered
355 Posts
  • Gorilla Glass Door Uppers are no longer available
  • Scoop seems to be cosmetic only (??? subject to be confirmed) and there seem to be 2 variants in gloss black or cf
  • there is a MSO option which will make parts of the body shell cf: MSO Defined Carbon Fibre Body Panel Pack - Body Coloured: Rear Fenders and Door Applique
  • there is a MSO front fender with cf louvres
  • Track Pack Pro will include Senna Brakes and Senna Seats
  • the 4 pipe exhaust seems to spit flames
I read it that the discs and brakes were Senna as standard with the ultra fancy discs (take ages to make) and the big calipers) but the TP Pro gives track discs and pads , presumably metal ?

·
Registered
108 Posts
With 765PS it should easily be able to rev out to 212+mph even if they have increased the drag ?
Would be interested in hearing what one of the McLaren techs says about this. I can check speeds in the upper gears and see what a 15% decrease in kph/1000rpm gets us.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Top speed down from 340 to 330kph, presumably the shorter final drive.
Certainly drag related with the bigger wing with higher angle and the other stuff around the body

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Certainly drag related with the bigger wing with higher angle and the other stuff around the body
Doubt its the drag. Its the new gearing. If its geared for better throttle response across the board, they are leaving top end off the table in each gear.

On another note, whats really different out of the box?
  • From these posts, the Senna seats and Senna brakes are optional. Is it safe to conclude that the race buckets that were optional on the 720S are standard?
  • The hole under the rear windscreen to view the engine. IMHO this has been a missing feature for all McLarens since the 675 stopped production. This might be an even more attractive feature on the convertible next year if the feature is visible without looking through the rear windscreen.
  • The "grates" under the new airbrake a more finished appearance than the current heat shield under the current airbrake
  • new bumpers and splitters.
  • Lighter wheels. Is this verified? Someone said that the new wheels might weigh 20kg less. Where are people getting this info?
  • Lighter exhaust.
  • Revised gearing using "F1" quality components.
  • New pistons-why? We've seen droves of modified 720's supporting an extra 100whp without engine issues. Why is this revision needed for 45bhp?
What am I missing? Dealer called me for my deposit but I cant rationalize the price difference based on the list above.

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
its functional but for cooling only, not for induction

so i'd agree it makes it somewhat cosmetic..

but on that basis all the scoops have been cosmetic only as the ones on the previous lt didn't really improve performance, just made a cool noise in the cabin

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
ino
I

Suspect it's more to do with increased aero as the 720 doesn't rev out in top gear (I think??).

With 15% shorter gearing it should have considerably more wheel torque than the Senna.
no its due to the lower gearing..

·
Registered
427 Posts
the 720 didn't rev out to reach top speed. the reduction in gearing may now allow to reach peak rpm in top gear possibly?
lower top speed is probably due to aero.

1 - 20 of 310 Posts