McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
noone1, I think it will translate well to longer form tracks, and perhaps not as well to tighter tracks. The ring is awesome. I know it's popular to trash the ring, but I think those are for other considerations. I dont want a suspension/ride that's like being dragged over rocks just to do 2 sec faster on the ring. That said, it speaks well for the car and for Porsche. They did a great job.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
How do we think this will translate into other lap times? Will the 918 be tuned in for the ring but lose it's edge on the other famous tracks around the world?
ONE N DONE. what Porsche has just accomplished is HUUUUUUUUGE! The ring is their baby all others come second. They placed all their eggs in the ring basket. Being King of the Ring will reap benefits in future marketing. Just ask Nissan;)
The marketing has already began. Check out press release about RECORD ring time and basically Porsche leading the way in plug in hydrid technology in motorsports. McLaren again two steps behind in PR. AMATEURS!

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
ONE N DONE. what Porsche has just accomplished is HUUUUUUUUGE! The ring is their baby all others come second. They placed all their eggs in the ring basket. Being King of the Ring will reap benefits in future marketing. Just ask Nissan;)
The marketing has already began. Check out press release about RECORD ring time and basically Porsche leading the way in plug in hydrid technology in motorsports. McLaren again two steps behind in PR. AMATEURS!
Great accomplishment indeed, but I think it would be a better idea to wait for the other two before getting too excited.

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
I really don't think so Mark . Porsche never set out to make the fastest track car . Again the 918 is a luxuriously appointed spyder an all weather Supercar if you will that has been pushed as much for its new technology and economy as its speed . To get under 7 is stunning in that case .

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Great accomplishment indeed, but I think it would be a better idea to wait for the other two before getting too excited.
Doesn't matter, first one out of the blocks. The other 2 will be perceived as trying to catch up, UNLESS their times are stellar as I think WTDoom stated a few post back. The big two would HAVE to go under Radical's 6:48:rolleyes:.......again n again Porsche is a master in marketing. Woking should send an intern there;)
The press is all over it, the RECORD TIME has gone viral

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doesn't matter, first one out of the blocks. The other 2 will be perceived as trying to catch up, UNLESS their times are stellar as I think WTDoom stated a few post back. The big two would HAVE to go under Radical's 6:48:rolleyes:.......again n again Porsche is a master in marketing. Woking should send an intern there;)
The press is all over it, the RECORD TIME has gone viral
There is rumors saying that only the P1 is capable to come close or even beat the Porsche 918 Spyder lap time at the Nurburgring, the LaFerrari is technically just not advanced enough in doing so ...

One can only hope that Ferrari may have the guts for an official comparo between the big three: LaFerrari, Mclaren P1 and Porsche 918 Spyder ...

:)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
There is rumors saying that only the P1 is capable to come close or even beat the Porsche 918 Spyder lap time at the Nurburgring, the LaFerrari is technically just not advanced enough in doing so ...

One can only hope that Ferrari may have the guts for an official comparo between the big three: LaFerrari, Mclaren P1 and Porsche 918 Spyder ...

:)
Maranello could give a rats ass about Nurburgring. LaFerrari is sold out. as WTDoom put it, it is rolling art work. Drive for show putt for dough. It's only drive for show with Ferrari now;):D
As for comparo FORGITABOUTIT ;0)

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
Maranello could give a rats ass about Nurburgring. LaFerrari is sold out. as WTDoom put it, it is rolling art work. Drive for show putt for dough. It's only drive for show with Ferrari now;):D
Sorry, but the 918 and P1 perform and look better IMHO. I see LaFa as an unfinished prototype or an abandoned project. Same problem with all Ferrari halo cars. They're not up to Porsche standard (quality wise...).

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Sorry, but the 918 and P1 perform and look better IMHO. I see LaFa as an unfinished prototype or an abandoned project. Same problem with all Ferrari halo cars. They're not up to Porsche standard (quality wise...).
Totally agree with you there mate. As for Porsche , THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE;):D

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts

One is worth 1/2 the sticker and the other worth double.

Ferrari is the #1 branding company in the world with a customer list second to none.

Kimi didn't go there because he couldn't find a job elsewhere.

Regardless below was your recent post - stop being so agitating!

All three! Very impressive. CONGRATULATIONS are in order. God speed

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
One is worth 1/2 the sticker and the other worth double.

Ferrari is the #1 branding company in the world with a customer list second to none.

Kimi didn't go there because he couldn't find a job elsewhere.

Regardless below was your recent post - stop being so agitating!

All three! Very impressive. CONGRATULATIONS are in order. God speed
To each his own. Each company does their own THANG;) great for car guys. but if you promise something u better damn well DELIVER! NUFF SAID

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
you are right about half the sticker price...I was told to wait...stunning Job from the Markt team again......
You keep on going on about being told to wait for the p1....that will likely be true but the same applies to the 918, if not even more so. Car prices have seemed to me at least to increasingly be determined by production numbers and porsche having confirmed deposits of twice the number of p1s realistically means the 918 will probably take a decent hit shortly after production is fully up and running. For someone that constantly goes on about depreciation, It seems strange that the impact on the 918 does not seem to concern you. Even the cgt which in my opinion is a truly superlative car (and i in all seriousness have no interest in talking up or down car prices) was hammered in the used car market after a while and only now has seen some semblance of price stabilisation.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I agree with the above, 918 will probably depreciate the most. Personally it wouldn't matter to me so much, just sayin'.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
you are right about half the sticker price...I was told to wait...stunning Job from the Markt team again......
No one who can afford a P1 and is getting one cares about depreciation. I can't imagine anyone earning less than a relatively stable $1M/year buying one of these, and I can't imagine caring about depreciation with that kind of income.

Why hope to buy it cheaper if you really want it and can easily afford it?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I agree with the above, 918 will probably depreciate the most. Personally it wouldn't matter to me so much, just sayin'.
This seems to be the patter for any cars that by design/accident become limited production cars. Wasn't this the case for the F1/CGT/F40 and now its selling for above original sticker. It seems that a lot of this follows supply/demand. You have an initial "flood" on the market from the manufacturer during their production run, so resale at that time goes down. Then when production ceases, the prices start creeping up.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Not to fussed about the 918….As I will be able to use it every day. It is an every day car, And its a keeper, I ran my 12c coupe along side my LP700 and 4.0 RS, the 12c was my fav car, I did over 9k miles 9 months over 12 track days, Lost 85k…whilst annoying not a problem, had great fun

I was about to order a P1, I believe I was the 1st customer to see the car……. Having been not been made aware of the discounts that were being given on the 12C at the time, I got played at both ends if you get my drift.

I have a drive in P1 before the end of the month, If it lives up expectations I may just order…..With regard to the ring time…..I don’t really feel that this high on the radar for Mcl, if it were it would be sorted before now, as wit pointed out the weather, at the ring plays a big part….If they don’t have a time in the bag…..I can not see how they will get one this year. Its not good to be told that Ron pulled the 7min time out of fresh air, along the TG track time is not quite right….Albeit I would not bet against the P1 being faster……

1 - 20 of 41 Posts