McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Odd one this , mclaren not there at all and Ferrari not showing the lafa .
I think that's a good and a bad thing , what say you guys ?

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Simples!! Ferrari have the cash but no car,and vice versa ! Is that a little mean ?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
McLaren might not be at IAA, but they ARE in frankfurt ;)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Frankfurt is a BIG show and perhaps easy to get lost as a minnow..........and very expensive on resource, particularly time.

On the other hand Mcl are spending more on Press cars and Press contact which has a wider and global impact.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Frankfurt is a BIG show and perhaps easy to get lost as a minnow..........and very expensive on resource, particularly time.

On the other hand Mcl are spending more on Press cars and Press contact which has a wider and global impact.
Well put RIC,glad to have you safely back,good trip???

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Well put RIC,glad to have you safely back,good trip???
Hi Andy, yes , back yesterday after 2500 miles in sunny and dry Swiss and French Alps. The Col D'Iseran ( my spelling ) was perfect cool sunny weather with no traffic and the Grimsel resurfaced like the best track but with scenery.

We got tracked at 120 mph by the French Police into Chamonix out of Moutiers but they let us off.......took pity when I explained my state pension was £4000 and taxed plus my Dad's dog was going blind and needed private healthcare.

No 12C's or P1's but some old Fezzas making glorious sound

Did the helmet arrive?

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Hi Andy, yes , back yesterday after 2500 miles in sunny and dry Swiss and French Alps. The Col D'Iseran ( my spelling ) was perfect cool sunny weather with no traffic and the Grimsel resurfaced like the best track but with scenery.

We got tracked at 120 mph by the French Police into Chamonix out of Moutiers but they let us off.......took pity when I explained my state pension was £4000 and taxed plus my Dad's dog was going blind and needed private healthcare.

Did the helmet arrive?
should try and get together next time RIC we can't have been far away... glad you had a good time and all in one piece.> ! no bust rims this time I hope>.!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts

Did the helmet arrive?
Thanks RIC the helmet did arrive,not sure your wifes idea of wearing it on the trip back home (to save space) would have met with Mikes approval !!
What is it with Chamonix,i got flashed there 2 years ago,thankfully in a Swiss car,not sure they would have believed my excuses ;)
Ps it was a speed camera by the way!!
As Mike said,you where only a couple of hours away from the both of us,if we had known

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Rada trap with car appearing out of side road to track, apprehend and take the dough! They are sneaky buggers but if you have the 'eyes' you have a chance......or as my Mum used to say 'if you don't speed you don't get points'.........

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
should try and get together next time RIC we can't have been far away... glad you had a good time and all in one piece.> ! no bust rims this time I hope>.!
MikeyB, I stayed in Veysonnaz going into the French Alps and Visp coming back........never thought you would be in Zermatt as in my mind you had returned to London !!! I will check next time.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
It takes a large pile of money to have a proper booth at one of these events so with nothing major to announce it makes sense that McLaren have taken a pass on the event. Except for Paris and Geneva where they did have things to show off they have traditionally avoided the auto show circuit choosing instead to focus their marketing dollars on more direct and intimate events with their target customers. For a brand like McLaren there is some good to be done having a presence at a show like this, but ROI is tough to measure and in the end I think the perception might be that a lot of time and money is also wasted.

Ferrari have a booth - no reason for the LaFerrari not to be in it IMO.

>8^)
ER

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
You guys over at the show should snap some pics in your hunt for McLaren in Frankfurt... Though you may not find them at the show, I'm sure the rest of us would love to see what you stumble upon on the floor while looking!

One thread for cars, one for the women that will be standing next to them? :D

-nh4.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
You guys over at the show should snap some pics in your hunt for McLaren in Frankfurt... Though you may not find them at the show, I'm sure the rest of us would love to see what you stumble upon on the floor while looking!

One thread for cars, one for the women that will be standing next to them? :D

-nh4.
As we have seen already posted, there is at least one P1 driving around Frankfurt...

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
As we have seen already posted, there is at least one P1 driving around Frankfurt...
I saw that! I heard it took 7:04 to lap the car show :D -- sorry, couldn't resist. I was thinking pics of some of the non-McLaren cars on the floor... I know this is a McLaren-centric forum, but there is an entire section for other cars... It's be a pitty not to fill it up with photos from the show...

-nh4.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I saw that! I heard it took 7:04 to lap the car show :D -- sorry, couldn't resist. I was thinking pics of some of the non-McLaren cars on the floor... I know this is a McLaren-centric forum, but there is an entire section for other cars... It's be a pitty not to fill it up with photos from the show...

-nh4.
Will def check out a couple things. Need to see the final BMW i8 and got to check out what Aston Martin has there. Maybe one-77 if the one I saw at the factory still is unsold.
And tesla, but I doubt there will be much...

Will see what other exotics are there...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts