McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this weeks Sunday times reviewing the 12c spider

'Its the best traction control system I have ever yet encountered'

'If you have a 458 do not attempt to keep up or you will be humiliated or killed '

Final comments sum up that they (12c spider and 458 spider)are both brilliant and it would be personal choice..

We're getting there I think

·
Registered
313 Posts
yes indeed, Clarkson is a long time convert - he has a bad back, anyone with a bad back really does know the difference in the suspension. Also, did you read Octane last month? Jay Leno says the 12c is his Car of the DECADE!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Will it help? Or just stir up the forum jockeys? Inferior product dominating with good marketing is pretty much the American way. Hamburgers. Microsoft. Hope the rest of the world is smarter.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
For clarkson who is almost a Ferrari addict to write this is at least an acknowledgement that its seriously the better car. I am just pleased that journos are now writing what most here have known for a long time. As you say if you're going to buy a 200k£ car I would hope you would be able to come to your own conclusions anyway. Bottom line is he says its better not worse which can't be negative

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Will it help? Or just stir up the forum jockeys? Inferior product dominating with good marketing is pretty much the American way. Hamburgers. Microsoft. Hope the rest of the world is smarter.
Well the smart ones are the current owners of these sweet babies, we all know we've got a great thing under our butts and in our hands. Yes their are a few of us that have had the misfortune of gremlins which definitely hampers the overall experience to this phenomenal vehicle aka white lightening. Cheers....??

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Agreed it's as helpful as tits on a mule in the real world. Butts in seats!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Don't forget Harley-Davidson... they're pretty much the poster child of brand power over product quality in the motoring world.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Don't forget Harley-Davidson... they're pretty much the poster child of brand power over product quality in the motoring world.
Yeah good example. My dad has a bored out sportster I tolerate in a detached way ;)
it smells and sounds like 1930s tech.
But to be fair HD quality has varied greatly over the years, nadir in the 70s right? I toured the Tomahawk WI plant. Interesting but its no MTC! I've
Never seen the facility where they build the overpriced engines (Milwaukee).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Difficult to imagine that Clarkson would ever write a more positive review about the 12C than this one. Really positive article. Threw very few bones to Ferrari and they are probably not happy campers at the moment. I must admit I didn't think he had it in him.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
In this weeks Sunday times reviewing the 12c spider

'Its the best traction control system I have ever yet encountered'

'If you have a 458 do not attempt to keep up or you will be humiliated or killed '

Final comments sum up that they (12c spider and 458 spider)are both brilliant and it would be personal choice..

We're getting there I think
Has he driven the 991 GT3 like Harris ;)........he said the Porsche had the best steering!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Wrong, Harris said the Porsche 991 GT3 has the best ELECTRIC steering he has felt, which I don't doubt at all. The McLaren has electro-hydraulic steering. Good try

1 - 20 of 26 Posts