McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 570s and the air conditioning is non existent. It blows out hot air regardless of settings or temperature.
can you just re-gas the system like a normal car or is something broken ????

·
Registered
84 Posts
How long have you had the car? It might just need to be reset. My last 570 had it blow hot air regardless of setting and it was 2 months old. I let it sit overnight but there's a way to manually re-calibrate the system that fixes this.

·
Spec 570 Spider soon
Waiting to spec 570 Spider replacement: 680S, or whatever it's to be called
399 Posts
I saved a note a while back from fellow forum member McBroke who advised recalibration like this:

Turn on a/c; set blower to full high, then use slider to turn heat full hot. Let it run 'til it gets HOT (2-3min). Return setting to cold, and all should be good. GL

Reactions: RBH

·
Registered
364 Posts
Mine did this from time to time. Go get a IRIS update. You will know you don't have the current version based on this as well as the RPM doesn't go up when the AC is on.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Are you sure the ac is switched on?

Reactions: RBH

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have a 570s and the air conditioning is non existent. It blows out hot air regardless of settings or temperature.
can you just re-gas the system like a normal car or is something broken ????
Just had same problem and took to my dealer who added freon (as our A/C system is nothing unique)
It leaked out overnight and a line was found to be broken which they replaced under warranty

Reactions: LifeIsGR8

·
Registered
165 Posts
I saved a note a while back from fellow forum member McBroke who advised recalibration like this:

Turn on a/c; set blower to full high, then use slider to turn heat full hot. Let it run 'til it gets HOT (2-3min). Return setting to cold, and all should be good. GL
I had to do this around 250 miles. After that it never happened again. This works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

thank you for the info. I will try this today and see how I get on. 👍🏻

·
Registered
334 Posts
Try the old Mclaren repair. This exact thing happened to mine last year. Was fine. Was hot summer. Got in the car 30 mins later and only full on hot air. Nothing fixed it.
Parked the car. Got back in 20 mins later and all ok. Never been a prob since.
Obviously a computer reset thing

·
Owner
528 Posts
Common problem on the 570S. You need to take it in to the dealer for a re-calibration. It's not a leak.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did it ever blow cold? I have had it work fine and then it just got hot ... not much fun as I had just started SG2K rally... turned out to be a burst pipe which can happen on some of the early models (mine in VIN 38). Eventually 2000 kms later I got it to McLaren Monaco and they diagnosed the broken pipe (pic below).

So it could be calibration but it can be a mechanical failure too. All the repairs were covered under warranty and no extra charge for the 2000 kms sweat weight loss program driving a rally in searing summer temperatures across Europe either. still a blast!

IMG-20190614-WA0006.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts