McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
... with looks only a mother could love! :D

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

With that said, I'm ambivalent towards variants & "Special Edition" offerings of existing models when it comes to N'ring times. This is extended to the LFA Nurburgring Edition, Viper ACR-X, and others.

Can you imagine an MSO1 2C example, that's (barely) "road-going" but optimized & spec'd for the Nordschleife? :eek:

·
Registered
312 Posts
I agree with everything you said, but a 7:08 time is sick! :eek:

It will be a rightful boost to the Nismo fanbois cult.......

... with looks only a mother could love! :D

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

With that said, I'm ambivalent towards variants & "Special Edition" offerings of existing models when it comes to N'ring times. This is extended to the LFA Nurburgring Edition, Viper ACR-X, and others.

Can you imagine an MSO12C example, that's (barely) "road-going" but optimized & spec'd for the Nordschleife? :eek:

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Anyone know how much it'll cost? It would certainly be the fastest thing round the ring on snow tyres... Winter challenge anyone?

·
Banned
111 Posts
i read £125K but even at this price its a epic car and official Nismo spec and 7.08 is a ridiculous time for a 1.7 tonne car. This has to be in contention for car of the year 2014 even against super cars this is real world performance car.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
595 HP, my bad...

·
Registered
239 Posts
I can't help but be skeptical that the tires, setup and tune are not customer spec or road friendly. The viper ACRX with slicks, more power, less weight and probably equal or better aero was about the same and I just don't see how the GTR could get there. Fantastic car, though.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I can't help but be skeptical that the tires, setup and tune are not customer spec or road friendly. The viper ACRX with slicks, more power, less weight and probably equal or better aero was about the same and I just don't see how the GTR could get there. Fantastic car, though.
It's a much smarter car than the ACRX - have you seen the latest VIper?

I believe there are only 99 being made.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am calling BS on 595 hp. 310 kph in the compression at the end of the main straight. The ZR1 was at about 290 and it is 638 hp. Awesome run, just more power than advertised IMO

·
Registered
312 Posts
We will never know the truth, but this was not an ordinary GT-R Nismo -looking at the fine print, it was the track version, which pretty much leaves open what the car really is. :rolleyes:

Still, there are quite a few brand managers out there scratching their heads right now.........

I am calling BS on 595 hp. 310 kph in the compression at the end of the main straight. The ZR1 was at about 290 and it is 638 hp. Awesome run, just more power than advertised IMO

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
I don't think it's far wrong...I was 303 under the bridge in the mac(brother Harry has the video) and then lifted off .. Bit of downhill, bit of extra time.., not impossible.. But equally it's very possible it did have extra power!

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
I don't think it's far wrong...I was 303 under the bridge in the mac(brother Harry has the video) and then lifted off .. Bit of downhill, bit of extra time.., not impossible.. But equally it's very possible it did have extra power!
I fully agree it's not far off. The car might have a few pony's more but not that much. Cold temperatures, better rubber and of course the pro driver are helping a lot to get faster out of Galgenkopf which means higher top speed at the end of Doettinger Hoehe.

This man has BIG BALLS OF STEEL to go fast like that. Fuchsroehre compression or the Lauda bend flat out in a street car :eek:

Big thumbs up for both driver and car.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 44 Posts