McLaren Life banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, up to about 1400 miles and off to west texas this week for the race, so that will add another 1500 or so. Whilst I've been fortunate in not having any major problems, my list of niggly things to get fixed when it goes back to the dealer is growing. Two new issues that have cropped up this week:
- as predicted, all the constant door slamming needed to close the doors has resulted in a buzzing coming from the door panel, obviuosly something has come loose
- one of the engine cover latches has stopped working (hope it gets through tech inspection before the race!)
I'd appreciate fellow owners' comments; those of you that have owned e.g. New Ferraris, do they come from the factory with lots of piddly things wrong, or is this a result of McLaren's lack of production line experience?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Truth is some do and some don't. Had a430 delivered with an odd wheel.
Paintwork was often an issue but in truth 458 was faultless and guy I sold it to has covered 21000 miles and had the battery die and otherwise nothing.
I think McLaren will overcome the early issues but it is annoying . Once sorted my bet is they will be spot on.
The magnitude of what they have done can best be described as ambitious:D:D
Over all remarkable as well

1 - 2 of 2 Posts