McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I was watching the bidding process on this car a couple of weeks ago Tex, and they never achieved or met the reserve target the last time out. It looks like the owner was tracking the car and did a pretty number on the right side of the car. I can just imagine the cost in getting this car back to normal, with ceramic brakes and all. Love the colour which is one of the reasons I was looking at it, on top of which was contemplating using components taken off my to be used on this baby. That said most of my parts are either front or rear and nothing on the side so that went by the way side. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
The story as it was told when the incident happened - apply liberal Jalopnik-filtering while reading.

http://jalopnik.com/5949834/mclaren...ar-into-subaru-brz-after-ten-minutes-on-track

>8^)
ER
Well that's definitely the car posted on eBay, very interesting read. So what are your thoughts on this, do you think the Subaru was at fault or was it the McLaren. I'm of the impression that depending on the drivers ability, the McLaren may give you some false confidence. I've yet to drive one to the point of no return, and hopefully never will. Cheers.....??

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
I certainly wasn't there to judge so I have no real opinion. All I can say is the obvious - that on a race track nearly anything can happen and unfortunately sometimes it does. Hopefully the pain of that day isn't still lingering with either driver and hopefully there won't be a next time.

>8^)
ER

1 - 8 of 8 Posts