1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Future Owner
63 Posts
My issue is that the P Zero overheats very quickly on track and so I was tempted to fit full Corsas next time because I don't drive the car hard in the wet and I wouldn't be so compromised on track (cheaper and less hassle than spare wheels etc) If the Michelin can cover all bases then it sounds perfect.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Michelin SS seem to be intermediate tires slotting between the P Zero's and Corsa's. I haven't seen temp readings on them yet so make sure u have some testing data before spending ~$2400!

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My issue is that the P Zero overheats very quickly on track and so I was tempted to fit full Corsas next time because I don't drive the car hard in the wet and I wouldn't be so compromised on track (cheaper and less hassle than spare wheels etc) If the Michelin can cover all bases then it sounds perfect.
If you don't drive in the wet at all (or just on the street) I would recommend fitting Corsas. They will perform better than the SS on track and last longer (under dry track conditions) because you don't over drive them which will happen with the SS and all other street tires for that matter sooner or later.

Personally, I have gone for a second set of superlight wheels and will take all the hassle for optimal track performance.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I would like to try a set,but wouldnt want to be the guinea pig,my warrenty is just to valuble:confused:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
NO Way that warranty B.S. would fly in the U.S. of A!!

·
Owner
544 Posts
I was talking to Chris Goodwin recently regarding track tyres and he said that the Corsas were the only ones that Mclaren have extensively tested and have been designed to compliment the car. As a first step up from the Pzeros, the Corsa should be the natural choice for anyone wishing for something better on track. Its worth remembering that the more sticky the tyre is on the track, the more wear & tear on the brakes......

I will be putting on my brand new set of Corsas in spring and will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
I was talking to Chris Goodwin recently regarding track tyres and he said that the Corsas were the only ones that Mclaren have extensively tested and have been designed to compliment the car. As a first step up from the Pzeros, the Corsa should be the natural choice for anyone wishing for something better on track. Its worth remembering that the more sticky the tyre is on the track, the more wear & tear on the brakes......

I will be putting on my brand new set of Corsas in spring and will let you know how it goes.
Yes, I was informed that tire testing/selection is done by evaluating front and rear tires in batches (different compounds, sidewall construction and tread construction) until the ideal balance (oversteer/understeer) is attained. So, presumably, they have not gone through this iterative process with any other tire, yet.

p.s. quite jealous that you had a chat with CG! I'm still a founding member of his fan club!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Yes, I was informed that tire testing/selection is done by evaluating front and rear tires in batches (different compounds, sidewall construction and tread construction) until the ideal balance (oversteer/understeer) is attained. So, presumably, they have not gone through this iterative process with any other tire, yet.

p.s. quite jealous that you had a chat with CG! I'm still a founding member of his fan club!
Didnt you know that all us Brits have had a chat at one time or another 6th :);)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts