McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the car back after having some new toys installed and correcting a few minor issues that had cropped up since taking delivery three weeks ago. The toys... K40 360i w/G5 diffusers, and LoJack. My initial impression of the K40 is quite favorable. Have not had any laser hits yet, but for radar, it seems to perform as well as my 9500ix, with the added benefit of location. I do miss the auto ignore and red light camera feature of the 9500ix. The stealth install was quite well done. As for the LoJack, hopefully I will never have to use it, but it does add a comfort level when traveling and reduce the insurance costs. While that was being done the repaired two areas where the clear shield was lifting at the edges and updated the software to 10.6. That update seems to have fixed the problems that occurred intermittently with IRIS. So far I has not had any of the issues that others have noted with 10.6. And the dealership confirmed with McLaren that headlight fogging after washing the car was "normal", and that if it cleared in a short period of time, it wasn't a problem. Only if there was trapped water in the headlight would it be an issue. Bottom line, a great car is now even better and ready for the Dallas Vegas Colorado Springs Chicago Dallas road trip next month!

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
It was a slight battle but before my Mac left the dealer I got the 10.6 update :)

Glad you are enjoying your new toys - that's one heck of a road trip ... jealous!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Well Tarrow701 your definitely driving the right car to get that trip done right. I must admit it sure sounds like a trip of a life time, enjoy your time driving that beauty around the States. Cheers....??

·
Registered
886 Posts
Congrats. Just got my car delivered with the upgrade and I am very happpppppyyy. Hit me up when you make it to vegas.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Congrats. Just got my car delivered with the upgrade and I am very happpppppyyy. Hit me up when you make it to vegas.
Big difference in throttle response! I could not believe the difference when I drove an updated car. Did you change to the new paddles, or do you still have pre cog?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts