McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

my name is Jesse and I just joined the forum. I'm a car collector and have had a McLaren in the collection for the past 4 years and have loved the brand. I own a Volcano Red 720s that is a pretty high spec car. It's tuned with Unobtanium exhaust and down pipes. I've put 12k miles on the car and couldn't be more excited to receive my 765LT.

I'll include my spec sheet below, although I was able to get MSO to reopen my spec and allow me to change the color to Volcano Red and add Goyo Red to the interior. A few of the other changes I made to below sheet are carbon hood and wing.

I've already got Dyno Spectrum getting ready to tune my LT and Exhaust and Downpipes ready to be made.

My car is said to be delivered end of March. Look forward to getting to know you guy's!

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
nice car. interesting you got that car from scottsdale, i tried to price out a 600LT there. Probably the LAST dealership i'll ever call when looking for a mac again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice car. interesting you got that car from scottsdale, i tried to price out a 600LT there. Probably the LAST dealership i'll ever call when looking for a mac again

Thank you.

I'm in Utah and wasn't excited about the service I got from Colorado. I know, same owners.

Jarred at Scottsdale Mac. and Izzy in service have always treated me really great and I have no complaint's yet.
Sorry you had a bad experience.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'll include my spec sheet below, although I was able to get MSO to reopen my spec and allow me to change the color to Volcano Red and add Goyo Red to the interior. A few of the other changes I made to below sheet are carbon hood and wing.

I've already got Dyno Spectrum getting ready to tune my LT and Exhaust and Downpipes ready to be made.

My car is said to be delivered end of March. Look forward to getting to know you guy's!
Really nice spec, congratulations. :love:

Why get the electric steering column though? Just adds weight.

Secondly, does anyone know how much weight is added by having the adjustable passenger seat option? I declined that, but omitted to ask it's weight.

Finally, I honestly don't believe the 765LT needs a tune :oops: Nor that it will be improved in its drivability. I'd reconsider doing that to it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome and congratulations! We have similar tastes in Volcano Red! Lovely soon to be pair of cars you have.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hey guys,

my name is Jesse and I just joined the forum. I'm a car collector and have had a McLaren in the collection for the past 4 years and have loved the brand. I own a Volcano Red 720s that is a pretty high spec car. It's tuned with Unobtanium exhaust and down pipes. I've put 12k miles on the car and couldn't be more excited to receive my 765LT.

That's a beautiful spec and i applaud it. Im just asking this becuase im a newbie sir but did they ask you to get a really high spec in order to help you attain an allocation?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Secondly, does anyone know how much weight is added by having the adjustable passenger seat option? I declined that, but omitted to ask it's weight.
In case anyone is interested. This option adds 4.1kg. (I asked MTC, Woking.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a beautiful spec and i applaud it. Im just asking this becuase im a newbie sir but did they ask you to get a really high spec in order to help you attain an allocation?

Absolutely not. I've ordered many McLaren's and I wanted to go all out on this one. I am about to be in the market for a Senna as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome and congratulations! We have similar tastes in Volcano Red! Lovely soon to be pair of cars you have.

Thank You!

You don't see Volcano Red often so I applaud the spec of yours. One of the deepest paints I've seen on a vehicle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts