McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I thought it would be polite to introduce myself. Got my 12c a few months ago and have to say it's epic. I've had a variety of reasonably motors, 997tt, Scuderia, 599HGTE most recently.

Early in Jan I decided I wanted something different. Only 2 cars on my short list - 458 and 12c. I'd pretty much already made up my mind that I didn't like the McLaren, read all the normal reports, didn't look much in the pictures I'd seen.

I'd did a back to back road test first in the 458 - have to say very nice but felt a bit gutless coming out off the 599. Then the 12c - at first I thought "this is really dull" - then I pressed Active, turned the dials full clockwise and gave some gas - :D:D:D:D

In the flesh they are so much better to look at. I think they will look better for longer than the 458. Anyway McLaren London worked really hard to get me into the car and we cut a deal.

Just been out again in it this morning. I still can't get over how fast it is - I love it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Love the menacing combo of your exterior colour and wheels matching:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Welcome and well done!

Before the Mac I was looking for a 599 HGTE but felt it was too much like my 612 and didn't want to go down that path again even looked at the FF and briefly the 458.

At the end of the day - agree 100% with your post ... love my Mac!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Welcome, similar story to me in final choices of car.. ( I also had the 997Turbo)
Loving the time with this one, although taken some time to bond with it, like you the button and sports made the difference though :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
Vey nice car. Well done. And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Welcome Goat,nice report,what part of Blighty are you from (should guess if Alistair looked after you):)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts