McLaren Life banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have sold the MP4 and bought a 675. Never fell in love with the mp4. I come from Ferrari challenge stradale and Porsche gt3/gt3rs so it felt way to quiet and refined.

But the 675, what can I say. I’m totally blown away by this car. My expectations were sky high after reading and watching alot of rewievs. Still everything so far is even better then I could ever imagine.

No picture can make this car justice, it’s amazing to see irl. No video can make a cold start or tunnel run with those bangs the exhaust sound justice.

Throttle response is amazing, steering is the best i have ever experinced and the car feels so light. So far only a few hours on public roads behind the wheel, but what a thrill to drive! I’m in love!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Nice car congratulations! Where did you pick it up from?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats! Sure look like the one that were sold here in Sweden! If so - let me know if you wanna take a cruise sometime :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
i have sold the MP4 and bought a 675. Never fell in love with the mp4. I come from Ferrari challenge stradale and Porsche gt3/gt3rs so it felt way to quiet and refined.

But the 675, what can I say. I’m totally blown away by this car. My expectations were sky high after reading and watching alot of rewievs. Still everything so far is even better then I could ever imagine.

No picture can make this car justice, it’s amazing to see irl. No video can make a cold start or tunnel run with those bangs the exhaust sound justice.

Throttle response is amazing, steering is the best i have ever experinced and the car feels so light. So far only a few hours on public roads behind the wheel, but what a thrill to drive! I’m in love!

View attachment 212964
You’ve been in the car for awhile and pros and cons on your purchase?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
You’ve been in the car for awhile and pros and cons on your purchase?
First cons. Two things that are different from other cars I have had.
  • Turning radius is horrible, it’s huge.
  • The car is very low, even with the lift activated you gotta be careful, also the lift is pretty slow

Other then that this is a fantastic car. it’s exciting to drive even pretty slow on public roads.
Steering, driving position, sound, gearbox, power and looks are very good. (I’m not biased 😁) The whipcracks from the exhaust are so cool.

No track time yet and season soon ended. Next year hopefully. But i prefer to trash a porsche for 50 laps then this. It’s to beautiful 😍

Compared to my 12c it’s a huge, huuuuuge difference. hard to believe it’s the same manufacturer. To me, this car is what the CS is to the Ferrari community. Very special and exciting.

·
Registered
391 Posts
First cons. Two things that are different from other cars I have had.
  • Turning radius is horrible, it’s huge.
  • The car is very low, even with the lift activated you gotta be careful, also the lift is pretty slow

Other then that this is a fantastic car. it’s exciting to drive even pretty slow on public roads.
Steering, driving position, sound, gearbox, power and looks are very good. (I’m not biased 😁) The whipcracks from the exhaust are so cool.

No track time yet and season soon ended. Next year hopefully. But i prefer to trash a porsche for 50 laps then this. It’s to beautiful 😍

Compared to my 12c it’s a huge, huuuuuge difference. hard to believe it’s the same manufacturer. To me, this car is what the CS is to the Ferrari community. Very special and exciting.
Congrats, and you’re spot the turn radius is very difficult has been noted in several videos. It’s low yes be careful that front end is very, very expensive. Lift sucks speed wise compared to my Porsche’s, but I love the car I so my 2019 RS after I got it as I didn’t drive it because 675 is so much fun. Enjoy in good health.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Both of your complaints mirror my own: a turning radius worthy of an RV and a low nose/slow lift combo that often requires a well known route. For the latter, I've added some front pan/chin armor that has saved my CF multiple times now. I highly recommend something protecting the under-bits up there. I used to be bothered by the rattle/buzz that emanates from the metal panel above the exhaust (the one with the two holes in it through which you can see the exhaust). It rattles a bit at idle and quite a bit when leaving from a stop or reversing. I've gotten over it, however, and now just consider it to be a part of the car's light weight/flat crank character.

One other minor nit to pick: the rocks that collect behind the front tires in the portion of the door that meets the wheel well/the small rocks that have worked their way into mystery panels (sills, under trey, ??) that clack around and against the tub over the right sized bumps. Woe is me.

When these are your worst complaints, you know you own a pretty incredible car.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I mirror all these little niggles but it all goes away when I drive. All that excitement returns when I walk into the garage.
I have always wondered for such a crisp driving experience the turning radio is so big. I only notice it when I have to turn around to park in the garage but still, like a Mack truck

·
Registered
132 Posts
Congratulations, I have enjoyed mine for the last 2 years imho it’s one of the all time greats. My biggest concern before getting the car was reading how low it was but for me it has been no issue at all, my Ferrari 430 and 550 actually are worse with scraping.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts