McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to drop a note and say hello. Just purchased my first McLaren. 2019 720s Performance, Volcano Red nicely appointed with most of my preferred options - Bought it from Mclaren Charlotte - had 300 miles on it. Get it delivered next week. Pretty excited, have had a number of F, L and P cars in the past - and member of those forums as well. Here is a pic (from Dealer) of the 720. And a pic of my current F car. Been reading up on all the posts in the 720 section, lots of good reading and information.

Will be taking it for PPF and will likely just do a few other cosmetic modes (Rear engine cover in CF), everything else is exactly what I would have spec'd. Have been looking for a VR color for a few months, and this one marked all the boxes.

Look forward to learning about this marquee and hopefully sharing a little as well.

Here are some pics...

Rich

2019-McLaren-720S.jpg
Car in garage.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the McLaren family!! I have had multiple exotic cars but once I went to McLaren that was it for me. I am on my fourth McLaren and have fallen in love with the brand. Let’s be real here! The 720 is one of the fastest accelerating production car on the planet. It has a carbon fiber monocage, proactive chassis control 2 , and a 4.0 liter Ricardo engine that will not quit and some say is made with black magic LOL. Nothing even close to the same price comes close. Have fun and enjoy.

PS. Sorry for the rant but man do I love this car!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also up for any recommendations on PPF coverage. Was going to do full front and side quarters.

Should I do my Glass top? Seen some do that. What about door sides, specifically lower section where the air wing thing is on the side?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Also up for any recommendations on PPF coverage. Was going to do full front and side quarters.

Should I do my Glass top? Seen some do that. What about door sides, specifically lower section where the air wing thing is on the side?
I actually bought my new 720 Spider from McLaren Charlotte and they have a company close to them that does the PPF and I just had them do it before I took delivery. Also on both of my 720’s I just had the front and doors. I added the doors because of all the little rocks that come up through the screen. All the other parts seems to fair well without it but you can’t go wrong doing the whole car as well.

·
Registered
96 Posts

I did the entire car. The paint chips very easily on this car. The car also gets bombarded by rocks when it goes down the road. Plus you won't care when people touch it, PPF is peace of mind.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congratulations...you have a really stunning 720S!

I would absolutely do the doors for the rocks that make it through the screen as Timinater said. I did my entire car in Suntek and ceramic window film on the gorilla glass as well for the heat rejection. Will look forward to seeing more pics when you take delivery.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Xpel Ultimate PPF all over on my 720S. The Gorila Glass upper doors have Xpel highest grade ceramic tint (50%) and the side and rear windows have Xpel's mid-grade tint (35%). Ceramic tint film is blue and not gray. Be careful because it may clash with red cars.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For me it is Xpel all over the car except the 'cockpit' (roof-glas-etc.).
The guy who did it told me that the mirrors where a bit tricky though.

Like islandtrader said: it's peace of mind.

BTW the Volcano Red is a great colour, one of my favourites!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
Middachten
McLaren Life
McLaren Life is the best McLaren forum to discuss reliability, problems & more for supercar models like the F1, P1, 570, 650, 12C, and 720S!
Full Forum Listing