McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up my new MP4 in super nova silver and just wanted to say hi. Having owned many exotics I am hoping this one will hold my attention. I really want it to and must say I am very impressed with it so far.

It is currently back at the dealer awaiting a new transmission which started leaking oil on day 2. I have looked for threads on this and cannot find any reference to it on here so am assuming it is an isolated case. Mclaren will not let them repair it and have simply shipped a replacement.

I do not daily the car so am content to leave it until its fixed.

In July I will be having a factory tour when I am in UK and so it will be interesting to see it first hand.

Looking forward to being part of this community.

Keith.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Welcome from the UK. The gearbox issue is rare and unfortunate. Enjoy the car and have fun.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Thanks for the welcome.

Mine is the 4th one replaced by my dealer.
So Keith, its sounds like you should be able to answer the question, if as you stated your dealership has already done 4 replacements. Haven't you asked them, the dealer what's the prognosis to the transmission issue. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My understanding is that it is a seal, maybe a bad batch. But Mclaren will only let the dealer replace the unit so they are not absolutely certain what is the cause.

I am going to try and find out more when I go to the factory next month.

Keith.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
My understanding is that it is a seal, maybe a bad batch. But Mclaren will only let the dealer replace the unit so they are not absolutely certain what is the cause.

I am going to try and find out more when I go to the factory next month.

Keith.
Well that sounds like a novel idea, keep us posted and enjoy the tour as well the trip. Cheers....??

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well that sounds like a novel idea, keep us posted and enjoy the tour as well the trip. Cheers....??
Thanks. I am originally from UK but have lived here 20 years and am US citizen. I go back about once a year and so I wanted to tie in the tour whilst I am there along with seeing the Rolling Stones maybe for their last time in Hyde Park.

Coincidentally I believe this is where the London Mclaren dealer is also so that will be worth a look.

Is there a dealer for you in Toronto? I am coming your way later this week and will be in Toronto over the weekend and then touring around.

Keith.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Thanks. I am originally from UK but have lived here 20 years and am US citizen. I go back about once a year and so I wanted to tie in the tour whilst I am there along with seeing the Rolling Stones maybe for their last time in Hyde Park.

Coincidentally I believe this is where the London Mclaren dealer is also so that will be worth a look.

Is there a dealer for you in Toronto? I am coming your way later this week and will be in Toronto over the weekend and then touring around.

Keith.
Give 1 hyde park a ring first Keith,you need an appointment,you can see the logic as sited there they would be over run otherwise :)
Also a dealer in Toronto,but you can probably walk in the door there,unless one of our Canadian friends knows different!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

Keith.
Yes Keith there is only one dealership in the Toronto area:

McLaren Toronto
33 Auto Park Circle,
Woodbridge, Ontario.
(905) 850-4555

Cheers.....??

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you. Just seems so odd having to make an appointment to go to a car dealer. Here I just roll into my local Ferrari, or RR, Bentley, AM, Mclaren dealer and go for a drive.

Things have changed since I bought my new Fiat Uno Turbo, when I lived there. Lol

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Thank you. Just seems so odd having to make an appointment to go to a car dealer. Here I just roll into my local Ferrari, or RR, Bentley, AM, Mclaren dealer and go for a drive.

Things have changed since I bought my new Fiat Uno Turbo, when I lived there. Lol
Keith the problem is its position,100 yds from Harrods on a junction that can be seen by 500 tourists at any given time of the day.What would you do in their position??? Have a free for all? And I have never been in the place,but I know I can have an open invitation with a courtesy call before :)

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
You'll know why it's appointment only when you get there.. All those people outside would be inside and you wouldn't get in yourself... A quick e mail or call and all is well..

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Ksbenz. i purchased my car from Mclaren London and they really do have a constant procession of gaupers who want to view, touch, smell and sit in the cars. Even customers are slightly pleased that the circus is kept outside the showroom or no business would get conducted at all.

I have to give the four staff 11/10 for trying to do their best at accommodating the non-customers.

One Wednesday when I was trying to finalise my spec. a constant flow of people knocked on the glass door thus occupying one member of staff full time, and did his best to be polite and explain his interests.

Despite this a good number of Dads with their young sons were allowed into the showroom.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts