McLaren Life banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
So they are changing the pad under warranty but they say it is glazed due to wrong bedding.
I doubt this is true cause, in such a case, all the pads would be glazed. Moreover I know how to prepare pads.
only hope now it will be ok.
Carbon ceramics bed differently than regular brakes. Don’t know if the 570GT comes with carbon ceramics but something to note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think braking hard at speed after only a few hundred miles was perhaps a bad idea if they were not properly bedded in. Brakes should be treated carefully when new.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If you bed them correctly it is not an issue.
As a matter of fact tody they will make the bedding and than test the car with high speed braking cause they want to see if it is ok now ;)

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
This from the 12C manual...
h

the 570 manual page 2.45 says avoid heavy braking for the first 625 miles. Not sure if some brake bedding procedure is now performed at the factory prior to vehicle shipment/delivery.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ok but it can happen you need to brake hard :)
However in my business I work with 2 brakes producers and they both told me that if only one pad had a problem it is the pad that went wrong. If you make a wrong bedding all of them will have problem or at least 2 of them ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
So car Is back.
they have changed all the pads and now I’ve to make a new bedding.
I’ll keep you update.
It sounds to me like you are braking too heavily too early in the pad's life.

Unless you are running full race pads, you need to bed them in properly. On my race cars/bikes, I just do a few slow stops in the pits to get the surface off, but on a street car with street pads, you need to bed them in.

And that has nothing to do with your experience/abilities as a driver or anything, just facts about the mechanic workings of street rotors/pads.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
It sounds to me like you are braking too heavily too early in the pad's life.

Unless you are running full race pads, you need to bed them in properly. On my race cars/bikes, I just do a few slow stops in the pits to get the surface off, but on a street car with street pads, you need to bed them in.

And that has nothing to do with your experience/abilities as a driver or anything, just facts about the mechanic workings of street rotors/pads.
You are right but I'm afrai you misunderstood what i meant (my fault casue my english is not perfect).

This is the 6th car I have with carbon ceramic braked and the bedding I did was always the same.

May be I was lucky with the others cars or unluck with this ;)

However if you can suggest the best bedding procedure for 570 I'd be more than happy to follow it carefully ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
You are right but I'm afrai you misunderstood what i meant (my fault casue my english is not perfect).

This is the 6th car I have with carbon ceramic braked and the bedding I did was always the same.

May be I was lucky with the others cars or unluck with this ;)

However if you can suggest the best bedding procedure for 570 I'd be more than happy to follow it carefully ;)
Read post #25...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Unfortunately I live in Milan and, due to lockdown, I can't update you on the problem I'm having.
As soon as it will be possible I'll finish bedding process and test high speed braking.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts