McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all of you.

I live in Italy, I'm Italian, and always loved exotics.

Owned Porsche 991 Turbo S, Gallardo, Huracan, Huracan Performate, 458 and 488. So I decided to give a try to a Mclaren and bought a 570GT they had in stock (new).
With Lamborghini I did all the racing courses and so I'm a good and fast driver.

As soon as I bought the 570 I did some test to see if it was in perfect conditions. After 300 miles on regular roads i tried to brake at a speed (about 140 miles per hour) and the car hardly pull on the right side. It was not scary cause I know how to handle a car at high speed but non nice to have.
Took immediately the car to Mclaren dealer. They tested it and confirm there's problem.
I'm afraid it could be a pad or a disc but wanted to hera if some of you had a similar issue

Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
No, not a common issue. After all these are all ultimately made to be run on a track.

Sounds like you didn’t bed the pads correctly/enough given the low mileage, but keep us informed what the dealer says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tyre have been checked and they are OK. Pressure is ok also.
It has ceramic discs (all recent 570GT have them if not wrong).
I've GT and Sport package on it.

Concerning bedding I did exactly what I did with other cars I had and never had an issue.
I'm afraid something is wrong somewhere.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Tyre have been checked and they are OK. Pressure is ok also.
It has ceramic discs (all recent 570GT have them if not wrong).
I've GT and Sport package on it.

Concerning bedding I did exactly what I did with other cars I had and never had an issue.
I'm afraid something is wrong somewhere.
I believe only the 12C were carbon ceramics optional. All the other models it comes standard. I’ve attached the bedding in procedure. But probably want it to be checked by the dealer if it pulls as bad as you say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is very very bad trust me ;)
I know how to handle cars at high speed because of all the courses I did on track with Lamborghini (10 advanced courses). A person not too skilled would have had big problems not losing control of the car. ;)

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
A previous thread, wet pads after rain or car washing?

Or perhaps either damaged hydraulic line, caliper piston stuck or pad cracked? Need to have checked by dealer. :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sport package now offers adaptive dumping “S”tune, “S” steering, “S” esc calibration and Pzero Cora tyres. Mine has it but ceramic brakes come standard not in a package.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Sport package now offers adaptive dumping “S”tune, “S” steering, “S” esc calibration and Pzero Cora tyres. Mine has it but ceramic brakes come standard not in a package.
Yes think sport package also included 570S springs?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So they are changing the pad under warranty but they say it is glazed due to wrong bedding.
I doubt this is true cause, in such a case, all the pads would be glazed. Moreover I know how to prepare pads.
only hope now it will be ok.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts