1141 - 1160 of 1162 Posts

·
2012 MP4-12C
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,141 ·

·
Registered
501 Posts
It weighs over a thousand pounds less, has much better aero, and looks much better. It might not be for you, but comparing it to a Model S and going “I don‘t know why anyone would want it” is beyond stupid.
I beg to differ. This is because I also have a plaid and other ICE legacy cars. The difference between a plaid vs a roadster with just even more acceleration may be fun for the first week of ownership. But rest assured, the blood rush from acceleration afterwards whether it may be from a plaid or a roadster becomes pretty much the same... headache inducing..lol. As to the styling, sure the roadster may look better, but is it industry leading or emotionally engaging like other super cars out on the market? For a performance sports car, visual appeal as well as its engagement to the driver are most important and the roadster is not revolutionary in the styling department. For me, spending 250k plus for another sports car needs to be visually exciting and experience engaging. Unfortunately, the roadster has neither of those elements. I could use that to buy another manual ICE cars that could better suit my mood for the day amongst my other choices. Sure, it wont accelerate or perform as well, but when you've tried a wide range of cars, its not always the acceleration alone but the overall experience it delivers. This variable is probably what has and always will be missing in EV cars.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I beg to differ. This is because I also have a plaid and other ICE legacy cars. The difference between a plaid vs a roadster with just even more acceleration may be fun for the first week of ownership. But rest assured, the blood rush from acceleration afterwards whether it may be from a plaid or a roadster becomes pretty much the same... headache inducing..lol. As to the styling, sure the roadster may look better, but is it industry leading or emotionally engaging like other super cars out on the market? For a performance sports car, visual appeal as well as its engagement to the driver are most important and the roadster is not revolutionary in the styling department. For me, spending 250k plus for another sports car needs to be visually exciting and experience engaging. Unfortunately, the roadster has neither of those elements. I could use that to buy another manual ICE cars that could better suit my mood for the day amongst my other choices. Sure, it wont accelerate or perform as well, but when you've tried a wide range of cars, its not always the acceleration alone but the overall experience it delivers. This variable is probably what has and always will be missing in EV cars.
Tesla sells a Roadster???? 😂

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
I mean you're welcome to think that dropping the weight down to a mustang or bwm while keeping the same power train, and a shorter chassis and much more aero makes no difference to any other handling characteristics accept their one trick acceleration pony. It however seems pretty unlikely. Is it going to magically become a McLaren ? No, of course not. Will it be way more fun to drive than a Model S ? I'll wager it will.

·
2012 MP4-12C
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,152 ·
:LOL: yeah Elon almost took my 50K deposit until I realized its not coming for another 5-6 years AFTER the cyber truck...:ROFLMAO:
Yea crazy. At some point youre not 'late' you just failed to deliver.

Cybertruck, I do believe, will ship some units very late 2023 (like 3 on December 31), but in decent quantity 2024. The hangup is some equipment that is stuck outside the Austin plant. They are basically BURNING cash not doing crap in Austin waiting for it. He has a huge incentive to get that stuff working, but it's a massive logistics FUBAR.

The roadster, havent heard poop about it, but it will be a limited quantity. I don't even know what the latest rumor is on it, or if there is any rumor on it. It seems more absent than late.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Yea crazy. At some point youre not 'late' you just failed to deliver.

Cybertruck, I do believe, will ship some units very late 2023 (like 3 on December 31), but in decent quantity 2024. The hangup is some equipment that is stuck outside the Austin plant. They are basically BURNING cash not doing crap in Austin waiting for it. He has a huge incentive to get that stuff working, but it's a massive logistics FUBAR.

The roadster, havent heard poop about it, but it will be a limited quantity. I don't even know what the latest rumor is on it, or if there is any rumor on it. It seems more absent than late.
The last I heard on the Cybertruck (lol) was that it was canceled.

·
2012 MP4-12C
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,154 ·
The last I heard on the Cybertruck (lol) was that it was canceled.
Not my understanding, but this late out, all speculation seems fair game to me. I still have my massive $100 deposit down on it.

And my massive $100 deposit on starlink. I think I've been waiting 3 years for that too!

·
2012 MP4-12C
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,157 ·
Did you also buy a Valkyrie?? If so, you're oh for three!
No. Like you I enjoy the design of the Valkrie. However, I wouldn't want that car. I'd never drive it. It's only ostensibly a road car. Looks like pain to drive it. I wouldn't enjoy it. Hope others do, however.

But I see where youre going and to agree with the spirit of your point, I also root for the Jets, Mets and Rutgers football... all bringing us decades upon decades of "grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory", so much so, they are basically synonyms for that. So apparently I have a 'type'. :D

·
Registered
501 Posts
I mean you're welcome to think that dropping the weight down to a mustang or bwm while keeping the same power train, and a shorter chassis and much more aero makes no difference to any other handling characteristics accept their one trick acceleration pony. It however seems pretty unlikely. Is it going to magically become a McLaren ? No, of course not. Will it be way more fun to drive than a Model S ? I'll wager it will.
Im not disputing it would'nt be faster with even greater performance...especially with the "cold air:alien: thrusters" :ROFLMAO:but more cornering and more acceleration beyond a certain point really becomes moot... Any case, I think we should just wait to see when or if it happens... lol Honestly, my predictions are that the roadster if it really gets produced ends up being a super fast car that can go and corner super fast but lacks noise, lacks engagement and the visual excitement all super cars need. Which means its just a way faster accelerating cornering braking model S with less space and a useless yoke that you cant counter steer with...lol :ROFLMAO: That to me is just more of the same and this is coming from a Tesla owner...:LOL:

1141 - 1160 of 1162 Posts