McLaren Life banner

New SW update (Platform 12)

5K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  jmt 
#1 ·
Just got the latest update, that supposedly just came out. Here are the details I got on my report:

Installed software platform 12, all software installed successfully. Vehicle now up to McLaren specifications. The most noticeable changes of this software are;o New procedure for Oil level acquisition.o Odometer back-up to improve robustness.o Chinese language is now supported in the instrument cluster menu.o Improved Suspension Displacement Sensor Calibration Sequence.o New PCCU Sequence Airbrake Contamination Cleaning.o DTC added for Real Time Clock.o Improved Engine cover and Luggage compartment Latch drive logic.

#2 ·
I also got it, and was told this is what it covered:

The software 12 platform does not carry any dramatic changes. It is mostly minor improvements between the control unit integration systems. Certain programming and scan tool sequences have changed but not in a way which can be noticed by the driver. The oil level read sequence has changed but I think you may have had the updated sequence anyway. It requires the driver to depress the brake pedal before applying throttle to initiate the oil read sequence. All said and done, it achieves a more robust networking system which should result in less glitches.
This gist of this is they're fixing networking stuff to hopefully make the system less glitchy, and not a major feature update.

#10 ·
this is verbatim from my paper work. A bit confusing I agree and sort of implies horn replacement (ASSY-HORN-HI and ASSY-HORN-LO) but I was told that it is the brackets that got replaced. You judge for yourself:

Perform open service campaign #025, Document #11 M 058, Horn bracket installation.
CAUSE: Campaign #025, Horn bracket installation. Service Booking #12668, Work Package #43154.
0025 HORN REPLACEMENT AND BRACKET FITMENT 573 WMC 0.50
1 1211M0427CP ASSY-HORN-HI 1 1211M0428CP ASSY-HORN-LO 1 1211M2872CP HORN BRACKET RH
1 1211M2873CP HORN
BRACKET LH FC: M0M20110A33A9901 PART#: COUNT:

#12 ·
I'm just stating what they told me at Pfaff, Jason mentioned the exact same thing that 6th with a couple of additional tidbits. One being that Porsche had a similar fix to their horns back in the day and the other being the fact that the complete horn assembly would be replaced. I asked why they wouldn't just replace the bracket and I was told to prevent any future problems from arising. Cheers....??

#11 ·
So what is the deal with the horn brackets? Spill the beans!

#17 ·
Thanks Andy, but not having to hold the throttle between 2k and 3k was part of the 10.5 update. I have 11 now and don't have to hold the throttle. I just floor it, the car holds the throttle at 2k for 40 seconds. My question is has the oil check procedure changed again since the 10.5 update?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.