McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2019 M2 Competition for Daily Driving.

I’ve been DDing large SUV’s for the past several years and just decided I wanted some daily fun back in my life.

The car is a hoot to drive, plenty fast for a the street and the dynamics are outstanding. Fun little car!

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Beautiful spec man! Congrats! Is that Hockenheim silver? Manual or automatic? I actually just picked up a new DD myself and was considering the M2. Went with the Giulia QF instead.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I’ve been looking at the M2C as well. Getting very good reviews. I haven’t been to a dealer yet and asked direct but a lot of the reviews talk about brake upgrade package but I don’t see that on the website? Is that a Euro spec only do you know? Seems there are very few specs for US model - color, rims, transmission and interior color.
At least US cars don’t come with the OPF (gas filter).

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve been looking at the M2C as well. Getting very good reviews. I haven’t been to a dealer yet and asked direct but a lot of the reviews talk about brake upgrade package but I don’t see that on the website? Is that a Euro spec only do you know? Seems there are very few specs for US model - color, rims, transmission and interior color.
At least US cars don’t come with the OPF (gas filter).
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2019-bmw-m2-competition-makes-405-hp/

“The M2 Competition also gets larger brake disks, measuring 400 mm up front and 380 mm in the rear compared to the old M2's brake disks that were 380 mm up front and 370 mm in the rear. There are also larger six-piston fixed brake calipers up front and 4-piston fixed calipers in the rear, instead of 4-pistons in front and 2-piston calipers in the rear.”

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beautiful spec man! Congrats! Is that Hockenheim silver? Manual or automatic? I actually just picked up a new DD myself and was considering the M2. Went with the Giulia QF instead.
Yes, Hockenheim and went with the DCT transmission. Very happy with both.

·
720s
881 Posts
I think this would be a great quasi DD...what a blast to drive (especially manual).

For $60K wish it's a steal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
GTTX
McLaren Life
McLaren Life is the best McLaren forum to discuss reliability, problems & more for supercar models like the F1, P1, 570, 650, 12C, and 720S!
Full Forum Listing