McLaren Life banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Trusted Source for McLaren Performance
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations to @nordstat for breaking the P11/P13 (12C, 650S, 675LT, 570S) hybrid turbo HP record at 864 rwhp on 91 oct PUMP GAS + methanol. This is using our RS800 kit on an early production 2012 MP4-12C. Neither E85 or race gas were needed. The primary components of this kit are @pureturbos PURE900, @Renaissance Speed race intercoolers and tune from @Dyno Spectrum

Even though this is sold as a 800 hp kit, we use conservative numbers on our mission to underpromise and overdeliver to ensure track domination.

Since this build had a stock motor, we dialed it back to 811 rwhp with a nice wide powerband for longevity and reliability on the street. Nevertheless, this shows why #experiencematters and the unfettered potential for the kit, even on an early production M838T.

-------------------

As a footnote, on pump gas, we believe this may be the overall M838T record for hybrid turbos. Congrats again @nordstat !

-------------------

·
Registered
483 Posts
wow wow wow
congratulations

how is the wheel traction

·
2012 MP4-12C
554 Posts
From a separate thread, but it answers the question @Topcarbon

The easiest way to put it is this: the only way not to break traction is to roll into the throttle. Any speed, any gear (below 6th). You floor it, you spin the tires, even when warm. And I am on R888Rs! The acceleration is utterly brutal. What’s more, the lofty redline makes chasing that 8500 RPM an exercise in bravery. Speed comes SO fast, and torque peaks SO low. I had trouble finding straight sections of road which allowed more than one up shift before I needed to brake. Its fantastic that this kit did not compromise the original character of the car, but just amplified it to an insane level... up to 11, if you will.

I firmly believe that any more HP would make zero difference and be lost on me as the car is presently traction, road condition, and (in my case) driver limited.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts