McLaren Life banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Trusted Source for McLaren Performance
Discussion Starter #1
Renaissance Speed, your Trusted Source for McLaren Performance, has just released upgraded 720S intercoolers. As of this writing, they are the only option available on market! This is a requirement for anyone running a tune with over 800rwhp. Heatsoak is a major performance hinderance on the 720S.

Here are the key points:
  • Bolt-on, no modifications needed
  • All factory style ports and connections
  • 1 piece, 100% TIG precision welded vs factory 3 piece unit
  • Best in class, high strength bar & plate cores vs factory tube & fin
  • Dual pass design
  • Less than 1 psi pressure drop
  • Pressure tested to withstand an extended 3 bar of boost abuse.
MSRP: $3995.

Contact us if you want the best out of your 720S. :cool:(y)

Registered
Beautiful piece. Guys I chatted with this guy for a few hours about these and I wouldn't hesitate getting them if your tuned .

I will be getting a set in the future hands down 馃敟

Registered
How many cars are running these and do you have any data? I'm tempted to jump on a set but would love to see some real world info to go on.

Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Beautiful piece. Guys I chatted with this guy for a few hours about these and I wouldn't hesitate getting them if your tuned .

I will be getting a set in the future hands down 馃敟
It was a pleasure speaking with you! Looking forward to supporting the 720S community moving forward. No doubt it will continue to dominate future events with the right upgrades! I am sure we will do BIG things together in 2020! (y)(y)(y)

How many cars are running these and do you have any data? I'm tempted to jump on a set but would love to see some real world info to go on.
These 720S intercoolers were just released a few days ago, so technically no cars are running these yet. This is the classic "chicken or the egg" paradox. However, the science behind it is as solid as bedrock. The TL;DR is that these allow for cooler IATs. Lower IATs mean more dense air. More dense air has more oxygen. More oxygen (plus correct fueling) equals bigger bang in cylinder. In aggregate, means bigger smile on your face :D

In all seriousness, you can see the same cores at work here on a highly modded 12C with logged data. We saw great results and decided to bring it to the 720S crowd.

I am sure they will make a name for themselves in no time.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Discussion Starter #8
What's the IAT difference?
On a 720S? TBD.
On a 12C/650S? Look here:

Discussion Starter #9
*New Version 2.0*- Renaissance Speed McLaren Intercoolers now come with methanol injection 1/8" NPT ports at no additional costs! Facilitates easier methanol install for better IATs.

Not ready for methanol? No prob. Just install the included plugs in less than a minute. These units will grow with your power goals! 馃挭馃挭

*methanol nozzle not included. For demo purposes only.

Registered
How hard is it to bleed the IC circuit?
good question.
also,the intercoolers share coolant with the engine correct? so what is the benefit of the front low temp radiators if the system pump hot engine coolant into them? i mean wouldn't it be better if the intercooler system was isolated from the engine's ?
unless there is something i'm not understanding... wouldn't be the first time!

Discussion Starter #14
Niceeee. Always pushing the envelope...
馃槈馃憤

How hard is it to bleed the IC circuit?
It is important to make sure there are no air bubbles for proper function. But no harder than any other system in the car. Actually, pretty easy since you did not need to use a vacuum fill system.

good question.
also,the intercoolers share coolant with the engine correct? so what is the benefit of the front low temp radiators if the system pump hot engine coolant into them? i mean wouldn't it be better if the intercooler system was isolated from the engine's ?
unless there is something i'm not understanding... wouldn't be the first time!
Not exactly. There are two separate cooling circuits in the car. A high and low temp circuit. The engine and transmission share the high temperature circuit. The clutch and the intercoolers share the low temperature circuit.

These intercoolers work well regardless of engine coolant temp.

good stuff. looks like this will solve some track day overheating problem.
Yes sir! That is the point Lots of heatsoak issues in the McLaren world. This will solve most of these issues.

Registered
馃槈馃憤

It is important to make sure there are no air bubbles for proper function. But no harder than any other system in the car. Actually, pretty easy since you did not need to use a vacuum fill system.

Not exactly. There are two separate cooling circuits in the car. A high and low temp circuit. The engine and transmission share the high temperature circuit. The clutch and the intercoolers share the low temperature circuit.

These intercoolers work well regardless of engine coolant temp.

Yes sir! That is the point Lots of heatsoak issues in the McLaren world. This will solve most of these issues.
thanks for the reply but i still don't understand how the cooling systems can be separate if they use a common fill system and single expansion tank.
are there 2 different coolant pumps?
do you have a diagram of the cooling system layout?
thanks

Registered
Thank you for answering my question.
So if there is a low temp circuit, is there a stock reservoir for the filling point?

Discussion Starter #17
Thank you for answering my question.
So if there is a low temp circuit, is there a stock reservoir for the filling point?
No worries - we are here to demystify and share knowledge. McLaren uses a single fill/overflow reservoir for both circuits.

Woking design choices aside, we have proven that these cores reduce IATs and enable more power under the curve across the entire powerband.

Upgraded intercoolers are standard in the Porsche, Lamborghini and GTR aftermarket for a good reason; they simply work better with high boost.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts