McLaren Life banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
2012 MP4-12C
1,769 Posts
I've been meaning to get mine to a drag strip at some point, haven't had time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been meaning to get mine to a drag strip at some point, haven't had time.
I am really happy with the 10.4. I know I could get faster with better tires but at this point it is not a drag car so I am good stopping here. Time to replace the 570 with a 600 and start all over again.

2012 MP4-12C
1,769 Posts
2012 MP4-12C
1,769 Posts
Don't they all have active aero, trick suspension, and in some cases significantly more power? I took his post to mean he was looking for better drag times.
Yes, but you made the comment of it being the same engine as a 600LT. There are significant power differences, and a tune levels the playing field on all of them except P1. The 600LT is a good bit lighter than a 570 and has a little more power, but the suspension isn't as soft so it may not launch as well in that environment. Or maybe the weight difference counteracts that, I'm not sure.

Tires and tire pressures make the most difference aside from track prep. Additionally, I'm not sure about 570 settings for drag racing, but on P11 cars I believe it's been said sport is quickest on suspension. On my ML63, comfort suspension is fastest, sport is a fair amount slower, and sport plus is just a tad slower than sport.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Yes, but you made the comment of it being the same engine as a 600LT. There are significant power differences, and a tune levels the playing field on all of them except P1. The 600LT is a good bit lighter than a 570 and has a little more power, but the suspension isn't as soft so it may not launch as well in that environment. Or maybe the weight difference counteracts that, I'm not sure.
That was my point. For drag racing, it's probably a negligible improvement over a 570. If you want a fast quarter mile, there are better options at a similar current price point.

2012 MP4-12C
1,769 Posts
That was my point. For drag racing, it's probably a negligible improvement over a 570. If you want a fast quarter mile, there are better options at a similar current price point.
If you're after 1/4 mile times, your money wasn't well spent in any exotic. As far as making the most of a 570, a tune, tires, E85, and you're in 9's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts